volume of quickcrete bag?
how much volume will a bag of quickcrete make? pouring footings for my deck- I need to know how many bags to buy.

I think I am going to use 16 inch tubes, setting 6x6 posts- this will take more work and concrete, but allows for more adjustment of post placement.

16 inch diameter, 6 inches thick- how many bags of quickcrete per post?

I looked at several websites, and am not seeing the information I want. Plus you guys are much faster than me searching for the answer.

Thanks in advance

(07-22-2018, 01:10 PM)goaliedad Wrote: how much volume will a bag of quickcrete make? pouring footings for my deck- I need to know how many bags to buy.

I think I am going to use 16 inch tubes, setting 6x6 posts- this will take more work and concrete, but allows for more adjustment of post placement.

16 inch diameter, 6 inches thick- how many bags of quickcrete per post?

I looked at several websites, and am not seeing the information I want. Plus you guys are much faster than me searching for the answer.

Thanks in advance

There is a chart here to assist in calculating your needs...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-80-.../100318511

So pi * 8^2 (radius of your footing) in inches divided by 144 to get square feet each pad is 1.4 sq ft for each pad. The chart says for each 2 sqft you will need 2ea 60lb bags, or 1.5ea 80lb bag. Hope this helps.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Thank you!!!!..........!!!!!!!

Shouldn’t that be cubic feet?
VH07V  
(07-22-2018, 01:10 PM)goaliedad Wrote: 16 inch diameter, 6 inches thick- how many bags of quickcrete per post?

6" thick?   You don't have to go below the frost line in Michigan?   My footings have to be 48" here in Massachusetts.
I poured a back deck step extension and used that chart. I was half a bag short. Use the chart, but allow for needing more.
(07-24-2018, 12:31 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: I poured a back deck step extension and used that chart. I was half a bag short. Use the chart, but allow for needing more.

If you use the info they supply for the volume of a bag,  0.45 cu ft for 60 lb & 0.6 cu ft for 80 lb bag it will be short for the chart also.  As you say add some if using the chart.   Roly
car wash guy the footing will poured in the bottom of a 54 inch deep hole. 48 inches of a 6x6 will be buried, setting on top of the footing.
The deck will be about 10 feet above grade- the buried portion will give the posts good stability