Best way to paint patio furniture?
I paint the bottom first, then they can sit on the legs to do the top. The paint sets up pretty quickly where I can grab them under an arm and move them if I need to. I then tilt the chair to further coat the bottom. The bottom gets as much paint and clear coat as the top.

I give the bottom of the legs several coats before adding the rubber feet to the bottoms. This may be the first thing I do before painting the chair.
(08-06-2018, 04:57 PM)daddo Wrote: I paint the bottom first, then they can sit on the legs to do the top. The paint sets up pretty quickly where I can grab them under an arm and move them if I need to.  I then tilt the chair to further coat the bottom.  The bottom gets as much paint and clear coat as the top.

I give the bottom of the legs several coats before adding the rubber feet to the bottoms. This may be the first thing I do before painting the chair.
I did pretty much the same, starting with the chair upside down. The difference being that the airless sprayer makes such quick work of the process that there's no chance that the paint has dried at all. I did like the way the primer flowed on the wood, much nicer that using a brush. Of course, I've never used Zinser before but I like the result much better than Kilz. For the finish, I'm using SW Emerald Urethane, semi-gloss enamel and I think I will try to do the bottom first, wait 2 hours and do the top and back. I already know it goes on nice and smooth.

Mats
Mats