Lathe Safety video... Reddit - don't do this!!
When I first started watching this, I immediately thought that it was going to fast.... 

Then he sped it up... you guess what happened next.

Faceshields are a darn good idea folks, this is why.

Reddit link

Ouch :/

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Way too fast, and I always check for tightness as I'm turning because things can get loose after the initial setup.

I've been lucky, I have had it where the lathe was shaking and walking away before I could round off.

He needs a metal cage over his work.
Laugh
(07-23-2018, 02:25 PM)daddo Wrote: Way too fast, and I always check for tightness as I'm turning because things can get loose after the initial setup.

I've been lucky, I have had it where the lathe was shaking and walking away before I could round off.

He needs a metal cage over his work.
Laugh

He also needs to learn how to cut downhill instead of "making the chips fly."
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Scraping with the handle lower than the scraper was not a good move and I believe was the root cause. The piece climbed up and over.

No
No
No
Mike

"Start off slow and taper off."
I'd rather be wearing a motorcycle helmet, instead of a face shield, for that kind of a blow.
I felt sick after I watched it the first time.  Got over it and watched again several times.  

He had an audience...did someone know something was going to happen?
Where is his face shield?
When did he double check the mount?

He would qualify for Safety Coordinator at our club.  Not a position held in high esteem.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
It appeared to me that he looked away just before the part let loose. I don't think he was anticipating anything' I think he was distracted and got a catch.
OUCH!
Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!