Wall Unit Project
Nice project!
By the way, the other day I watched a mini-video on Shaker furniture rationale.  The ability to clean/sweep under furniture was a *big deal* for them.  And it makes for some visual elegance as well.
Chris
(07-23-2018, 07:57 PM)hbmcc Wrote: So, who's the helper elf jumping on your furniture? 

After all that work and that's how big the TV is? You need a new BIG TV! 

(snip)

Got my son to help hump it up the stairs, and hang it. Have a buddy that told me "it ain't solid unless you can stand on it" - so that's why we took that shot.

TV is 55" - plenty large. If it were any bigger, I'd have to sit outside to watch it......

Cheers -

Rob
(07-23-2018, 11:01 PM)Barry Johnson Wrote: (snip)

1.>  All the glorious premium hand tools you company makes and I didn't see a one of them in use.... Just sayin'   
Wink

Hi Barry,

A valid observation. Lots of neander work was done.... Jack Plane, Scraping plane, chisels, bench. Mind you - lots of Festool too.

Gotta use all the tools!

Cheers -

Rob
(07-23-2018, 09:31 PM)Bob10 Wrote: You must have missed the free shipping Lee Valley had a few weeks back, great stuff reasonable prices.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-23-2018, 11:13 PM)Aram Wrote: Nice job, Rob, and a very enjoyable writeup. Fun to see you acting like one of us little people now and then.

Side note, I once posted a build-along that listed the music I listened to at each stage, and you ragged on me for not enough indie material. My turn. A monkey? That's not very indie. 
Big Grin 

Post more of these.

I'll do that next time!

I do have music in the shop - this time was mostly the Decemberists (went to a concert in Toronto last month), Radiohead, and Coeur de Pirate. Also been listening to Soko, and Youth Lagoon.... mostly as they're on the same playlist.

Cheers -

Rob
(07-24-2018, 09:11 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: I'll do that next time!

I do have music in the shop - this time was mostly the Decemberists (went to a concert in Toronto last month), Radiohead, and Coeur de Pirate. Also been listening to Soko, and Youth Lagoon.... mostly as they're on the same playlist.

Cheers -

Rob

I thought you were old.
(07-24-2018, 09:14 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: I thought you were old.

55..... and only on the outside.

Laugh
(07-24-2018, 11:14 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: 55..... and only on the outside.

Laugh

Hmmmm, wish I had the horsepower I had in my '50's........
Skip

Excellent write-up and much appreciated. 'Tis good to see the maker of our tool dreams "walking the walk."

Well done young man.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(07-24-2018, 09:18 PM)cputnam Wrote: Excellent write-up and much appreciated.  'Tis good to see the maker of our tool dreams "walking the walk."

Well done young man.

Thanks Curt!