Dishwasher Update
(07-27-2018, 05:25 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Our Bosch is almost 20 years old; it’s about time for replacement.

Good luck replacing it. If it has the new 3/4" NPT supply connection, you'll need an elbow too.
There is something out of square about our cabinets where the dishwasher goes, so having someone else install is always a good idea.  I installed the Bosch we got a couple of years ago, and it went okay.  Don't remember having to buy anything.  Well, of course the shutoff valves didn't work, slowly replacing all of them with ball valves. You can really tell it's a homeowner plumbing job under there right now, I just left the old valves in line and put some sharkguards at the end of the copper.  Might be a little bit too much of a hack job even for me, I keep thinking about getting rid of the old valves.    But for some reason, crawling under the sink just isn't appealing.
(07-25-2018, 01:04 AM)Herb G Wrote: After bruising the bone in my thigh & hurting my foot & shoulder from crawling in under the sink, I'd tend to agree with you.

Uhoh

LOL! 
Laugh  Sorry for your injuries - I gave up doing plumbing years ago after virtually getting stuck under the sink; wife had to pull me out by the feet and I was so cramped could not stand up straight for nearly a half hour - now use a local plumbing/HVAC service - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(07-28-2018, 09:06 AM)EricU Wrote: There is something out of square about our cabinets where the dishwasher goes, so having someone else install is always a good idea.  I installed the Bosch we got a couple of years ago, and it went okay.  Don't remember having to buy anything.  Well, of course the shutoff valves didn't work, slowly replacing all of them with ball valves. You can really tell it's a homeowner plumbing job under there right now, I just left the old valves in line and put some sharkguards at the end of the copper.  Might be a little bit too much of a hack job even for me, I keep thinking about getting rid of the old valves.    But for some reason, crawling under the sink just isn't appealing.

Same exact thing here. The face board of the cabinets is recessed an extra 3/4" on the left side of the d/w, and it doesn't line up with the main sink cabinet to the right side of it. So, the d/w sticks out a bit on one side. I tried to remove the trim board & move it forward a little, but the PO glued it to the drywall. So, it's stuck there forever.
Harry Homeowner did the kitchen on the cheap here, and they used drywall screws to hang the cabinets with.
The front frames didn't even line up when we moved in. That was one of the first of many chores I had to do just in the kitchen itself.

Rehanging cabinets is no fun. I had to take down all of them, open the drywall & install proper 2 X 6 blocking, then put the drywall back on.
Then I hung the cabinets the best I could. They're not perfect, but they look a darn site better than they did & they're safe too.

The plumbing looks like a drunken, re-tarded monkey installed it. They dropped down to 3/8" pipe thru the floor from a 1/2" pipe in the basement.
They installed toilet shut off valves instead of regular ball valves like everyone else does.
It's a royal mess under there & I don't have the flexibility I had 20 years ago to slide under there & re-do the plumbing on top
of all the other chit I have to deal with around here.
We're overdue for a new water heater, the drains need snaked out, and a hose bib needs installed.
This house has a hose bib in the wall to the outside, but it's not hooked up to any plumbing.
No joke.