Band Saw in Twilight Zone
(07-24-2018, 01:35 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: I Can't explain this, but it's true. "Believe it or Not"

I just finished resawing a log and it did push the limits of my bandsaw, but made it threw just fine. After the cut was complete, I figured to clean up the bandsaw because it was a wet sappy log. As per my usual ritual, the first thing I do, is grab my dry lubricant spray and run the bandsaw while I spray the blade as it runs. Just when I was about to turn off the bandsaw, the machine goes "Clang" and the blade is instantly stopped.
Not an answer to the problem, as that's been remedied, however, you might want to consider using a solvent rag to remove resin, and turning the wheels by hand, in reverse, so you don't cut the rag.  
Advantage to stuff like WD40 is that the solvent dissolves the resins, while the minor heavier oil component helps prevent corrosion, which will dull a blade faster than you might think.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(07-27-2018, 07:16 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Not an answer to the problem, as that's been remedied, however, you might want to consider using a solvent rag to remove resin, and turning the wheels by hand, in reverse, so you don't cut the rag.  
Advantage to stuff like WD40 is that the solvent dissolves the resins, while the minor heavier oil component helps prevent corrosion, which will dull a blade faster than you might think.

Thank you for the suggestion... I'll do that.
Smile