Shed Project: House Wrap and Windows
(07-29-2018, 08:22 AM)Admiral Wrote: Question:  I'm not smart on house wrap; is the house wrap meant to seal out water, or is it just a high tech way to prevent air infiltration, i.e., a tight house from that perspective.  I used to work in a factory that produced tar paper (Johns Manville) and that stuff really repelled water, and to echo your experience, when covered, did not degrade nor lose its water repellent quality.  My thought would  be to use tar paper for a shed where I was not going to heat it.

From Wiki.....

Housewrap (or house wrap) generally denotes a synthetic material used to protect buildings. Housewrap functions as a weather-resistant barrier, preventing rain from getting into the wall assembly while allowing water vapor to pass to the exterior.

Easier and faster to put on than tar paper. Most builders prefer it to tar paper. Cleaner and neater.
My preference if I was to build  my own (house, shed) again, would be 30# tar paper.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It was a toss up for me weather to use house wrap or tar paper.  I chose house wrap because it goes up fast, doesn't easily tear, and flashing tape sticks to it.  I'm sure I would have been fine with tar paper, too, although I likely would have had to use a different flashing technique.  

John
(07-27-2018, 08:14 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Dude, you put the house wrap wrong. The writing needs to be upright, otherwise it won’t work

Good job on the project- I like the fact that you are doing things you have never done before!

Dude, it wasn't entirely wrong.

How to properly wrap and install a window.
(07-30-2018, 09:06 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Dude, it wasn't entirely wrong.

How to properly wrap and install a window.

I found it interesting that they used staples to install the house wrap.  

John
Great progress John. I've been working on a bathroom remodel for almost 3 months so I even though I'd love to have a shed like yours my wife will not see this thread.
Like he said John . Really good progress . Looks good .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-31-2018, 07:27 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: Like he said John . Really good progress . Looks good .

+1

I think your shed is probably built better than a lot of stick built homes.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?