Harbor Fright flooring stapler??
Anybody have one?
$149... hopefully only use it once.. thought I was done with wood floors 15 years ago.

I need to do about 900sq ft of 3/4" oak floor. I had a nailer at one time nut not pneumatic. Not built for those anymore. Not real keen on staples either but I guess that's what's in now.

Will it last 900sq ft?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

oops... looks like $119 and it shoots cleat nails also. Rather use the nails

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I don't have the $149 model...mine was cheaper and only shoots full staples...not the ell cleats....but I banged in about 1000sqft of staples (used Bosch from Lowes) without batting an eye.  Doubt it made a difference but I did add a few drops of tool oil every night when I would get home from work and get started.  The only problems I had were caused by me.  If you were closer I'd say take mine and use it...but it'd be more to ship it to you (and back) than to just buy the stapler. 
Smile
(07-28-2018, 05:54 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: oops... looks like $119 and it shoots cleat nails also. Rather use the nails

A friend had one and installed hardwood throughout his house with it (about 1400sq ft) with no problems.   Don't forget the 20% off coupon.   Roly
(07-28-2018, 07:20 PM)Roly Wrote:  Don't forget the 20% off coupon.   Roly

I keep a fresh one in my wallet
Laugh

... Kizar Sosay

I bought this one at HD https://www.homedepot.com/p/NuMax-Pneuma...swod_KsKtw  used it for about 600sqft without any problems.  Looks just like the Bostitch that was on the shelf next to it.
(07-29-2018, 04:52 AM)carwashguy Wrote: I bought this one at HD https://www.homedepot.com/p/NuMax-Pneuma...swod_KsKtw  used it for about 600sqft without any problems.  Looks just like the Bostitch that was on the shelf next to it.

can't say about the numax flooring gun, but the framer I got was great and couldn't beat the price. Was planning on trying some of their other nail guns if I need more in the future.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
It's a winner.  I bought one four years ago, $119 on sale, to put down 400sf of hickory in my living room.  After the job, I sold it on CL for $85...a whole lot cheaper than renting.  I had rented Bostich staplers for previous floors, and I felt the HF performed better with fewer misfires (I think I only had one in the whole job).

I prefer the staples.  They hold well, but can be pulled out with vice grips if you have to redo a misplaced board (like one that is warped and doesn't snug up quite right).  Those toothed nails would be a beech to remove.
Bob
I just installed 2000 sq/ft of flooring with a Numax SFL618 flooring nailer, Amazon Prime $109. worked great even came with a rubber mallet. It is a 3 n 1 gun staples or nails I used 2" nails not 1 miss fire.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(07-29-2018, 03:08 PM)BobW Wrote: It's a winner.  I bought one four years ago, $119 on sale, to put down 400sf of hickory in my living room.  After the job, I sold it on CL for $85...a whole lot cheaper than renting.  I had rented Bostich staplers for previous floors, and I felt the HF performed better with fewer misfires (I think I only had one in the whole job).

I prefer the staples.  They hold well, but can be pulled out with vice grips if you have to redo a misplaced board (like one that is warped and doesn't snug up quite right).  Those toothed nails would be a beech to remove.

I'm not as worried about pulling the nails as I am about staples working loose. Never used staples before.

BTW. Screw a block onto the subfloor and use scrap to pry against that bock and push the warped floor into place before nailing.

... Kizar Sosay