Harbor Fright flooring stapler??
(07-30-2018, 05:43 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I'm not as worried about pulling the nails as I am about staples working loose. Never used staples before.

BTW. Screw a block onto the subfloor and use scrap to pry against that bock and push the warped floor into place before nailing.

Actually, the staples have a stronger hold than the nails, but are not as forgiving to wood movement as the nails (cleats), so the tongues can become cracked, resulting in a squeaky floor.  I've always used staples and have never had a problem, but that's a consideration.

Yeah, I've use the tricks to get warped boards into place, but if they're bad enough I just throw them into the scrap heap.  The issue I was talking about is that slightly warped boards will usually pop into place with an extra strong whap to the nailer with the hammer, but if you (I mean I) miss-judge, or don't strike the nailer squarely, then you end up with a gap in the boards and have to pull the board up for a do-over.  If this never happens to you, then I bow to you and ask that you come over and do my next floor. 
Winkgrin
Bob
(07-29-2018, 04:52 AM)carwashguy Wrote: I bought this one at HD https://www.homedepot.com/p/NuMax-Pneuma...swod_KsKtw  used it for about 600sqft without any problems.  Looks just like the Bostitch that was on the shelf next to it.

the only stapler they have at my local HD is the Husky for $180.  Don't think they even have a name brand
(07-31-2018, 01:25 PM)EricU Wrote: the only stapler they have at my local HD is the Husky for $180.  Don't think they even have a name brand

They had a Husky and a DeWalt at HD. I wound up buying the $145 one at HF. Looks suspiciously like one sold through Amazon with good reviews.

Looks like HF has moved away from their Central Pneumatic brand and gone to something they call "Banks". The floor nailer I bought is a Banks, staples/nails. They only had one Central Pneumatic framing gun which I have and it's been pretty decent. Once in a while I get a nail jammed but it's rare.

I bought DeWalt nails. Surprised 1000 nails were cheaper than 1000 staples. I had a non-pneumatic floor nailer and these nails are much more substantial. Do they even make those anymore? I paid about as much for it 20 years ago as I did for this new one.

The new one will get used tomorrow.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I ordered the 3-Plus nailer from Amazon on tuesday for $109.00 and got an email saying delivery would be delayed 3 days. Unfortunately I needed it sooner so I canceled the order. Harbor Freight has the same nailer for $149, less the 20% discount for $119.00. Since then the Amazon price has dropped to $89.99. 
Upset I might have waited the three days if I saw that price. It has a shoe adapter for 1/2" floors also.

Used it yesterday. Really impressed but all I did was a 4x4ft stair landing. No problems whatsoever. Every nail set flush. I'll use it for the rest of our 1st floor (approx 900sq ft) and I'll let you know how it does. I just have to move the kitchen first.

Harbor Freight's "Banks" nailer

Amazon's 3Plus nailer
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS