Good news on shop build --
The local power company inspector not only offered to come back later in the day when I still had a couple of things to do but when he came back (about 3:30) he had a couple of useful suggestions but he actually helped me pull the string through the conduit.

I'd been trying to get that string pulled for over an hour but with his help we got it done in 15 minutes.

I used a leaf blower to blow the string while he fed the string into the tube.  Worked like a charm, especially after we made a little "parachute" out of a plastic bag.

Then he passed it and now I can fill the ditch (whenever the tractor gets fixed
Rolleyes  ) and get the power hooked up!

Progress is so nice
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
that's really nice of him.  Good to hear you passed
A young guy asked me once how I got the string through the pipe. I told him I tied the string to the tail of a Turtle then set a head of lettuce at the other end, and when I checked the next morning, the string was run.

He didn't have the reply I expected: He asked; "Turtles have tails"?    
Laugh
We actually did get a wire through a culvert once, tied to a cat.  Your young fella was a quick thinker.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(07-30-2018, 05:08 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I used a leaf blower to blow the string while he fed the string into the tube.  Worked like a charm, especially after we made a little "parachute" out of a plastic bag.

I thought I read about that trick on here.... I wanted to put my boat wiring through tubing to protect it. I duck taped my shop vac to the tubing and sucked the string through.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

And here I thought all builders and wanna-be builders owned  an electricians wire puller.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Any pictures yet?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Walmart sack (or smaller plastic if you need it smaller) and shop vac gets it done/pulled immediately.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(07-31-2018, 06:37 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: And here I thought all builders and wanna-be builders owned  an electricians wire puller.
Laugh

That's the old fashion way- we use a sophisticated array of air power sources combined with sacks, balloons, cats and other creatures of nature now.  The high tech stuff. 

You can read about it in my latest book; "Don't get strung out running the string".
Uhoh
(07-31-2018, 10:29 PM)daddo Wrote:  That's the old fashion way- we use a sophisticated array of air power sources combined with sacks, balloons, cats and other creatures of nature now.  The high tech stuff. 

You can read about it in my latest book; "Don't get strung out running the string".
Uhoh

Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020