window crank-a-ma-jig bracket fix?
(08-01-2018, 09:26 AM)tomsteve Wrote: sorry bout the maladaptive brain activity(read-brain fart) this morning, but i cant think of what the heck this is called.
anyways, as the pictures show, the bracket came off the window( vinyl) and i have to figure out a way to get the bracket back on the frame firmly. 
beings how im having maladaptive brain activity, i cant think of a solution, so askin the great knowledge base here for suggestions.
my niece( its her crank-a-ma-jig) is greatly appreciative of all suggestions and help.

Is it milgard windows?  If so I think they will replace the sash for free
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

thanks for the great suggestions on fixin the crank-a-ma-jig.
Smile
im gonna KISS and start with larger screws and some epoxy on the bracket, basically because i have them and dont feel like drivin to the store for other crank-a-ma-jig fixin stuff.
Smile
(08-01-2018, 09:26 AM)tomsteve Wrote: sorry bout the maladaptive brain activity(read-brain fart) this morning, but i cant think of what the heck this is called.
anyways, as the pictures show, the bracket came off the window( vinyl) and i have to figure out a way to get the bracket back on the frame firmly. 
beings how im having maladaptive brain activity, i cant think of a solution, so askin the great knowledge base here for suggestions.
my niece( its her crank-a-ma-jig) is greatly appreciative of all suggestions and help.

If the bolts or screws go thru the sash at the lower part of the sash, not thru the bottom, then it is a simple fix.
Go to a hardware store and buy " sex " bolts. These are threaded hollow inserts that have a lip at one end. Usually they are used to mount hardware like door closures on hollow or flake board filled doors. Most are either plastic or some times steel. The proper bolt comes with the sex bolt. The sex bolt and screws can be threaded 10/32 which is common and 1/4/20 .Probably other threads too. You need to bore a hole thru the sash, generally 3/8" .Then push the sex bolt in from the exterior. Now you can install the crank-a-ma-jig.
1-3/8" or 1-3/4" is the lengths that I have used. There is plenty of thread in the insert so if it is too long it can be cut. Screw might have to be cut if the sex bolt  is cut.
Probably the 1-3/8" will do for the sash.
mike
I'd just run stainless bolts thru from the outside with a plate on the outside for stability.

Then I would lubricate the windows hinges.

And not open them during a hurricane.
Laugh