mounting drawer slides
i would like to mount the big drawer at bottom... as usual i have seen in my office desk.
(08-08-2018, 09:23 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: You an also use spacers for mounting slides.

Start with the top slide, cut spacer down as you go.

Works great for me, ensures square and even spacing.

That's what I've used, pieces of 3/8" or 1/2" plywood. I started at the bottom, layed the plywood vertically on the floor, layed the slide on the plywood and screwed it in place loosely. Figure out the spacing and put 2 more pieces of plywood on top of the slides I had just screwed in place. Put the second set of slides on top and screw them in place. Rinse & repeat.
I replace some slides with full extension/ soft close ones, using Kreg jigs. Worked good, but a couple of drawers we're in corners and the jigs for the drawer slide part wouldn't work.
Just measured the ones installed, and just measured, for the remaining slides.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer