What happened to Wenzolff and Sons?
(08-19-2018, 12:37 AM)TGW Wrote: Now with that said I think you should stop bashing Bob Smalser and other good craftsmen out there.
Sorting among the oldtimer's wisdom and picking what fits yourself under your conditions is one of the things you must learn to enable you to learn anything at all.

Well said.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(08-18-2018, 04:33 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote:  

Todd67's Forum Info
Total Posts: 4,874 (0.72 posts per day | 1 percent of total posts)
(Find All Posts)
Total Threads: 0 (0 threads per day | 0 percent of total threads)
(Find All Threads)
Members Referred: 0

Alan

That is the wrong Todd. I can't remember his exact user name but that is not it.
Mrs. Deadhorse is his Ebay seller name. He's still active there.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-19-2018, 09:19 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: That is the wrong Todd. I can't remember his exact user name but that is not it.

Todd Hughes. King of anvils!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(08-18-2018, 04:33 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: EDIT: Simon, I should add, have you checked out Ello? I only have a few things there, I've removed some content...but never used it too much. I rather like the idea of the no-ad policy. It is mostly artists, designers, makers, craftsmen, etc...I just started to post there again a day or two ago...my user is "liber".

Never heard of Ello before (No, I don't even have a FB or Instagram acct...or Twitter!). Googled it (dubbed a FB killer at one time) and went to its site: It is all pictorial and seems to work like Instagram. Will take a deeper look later.

I hope it does not require me to register and open an account to view...I have had more than enough accounts and passwords to remember. Heck, I have even closed many bank and credit card accounts over the past few years to the point that I now begin to understand why some people prefer to deal with cash only. I am cutting my landline soon as all you get is "Quick, another free credit card offer for you."

Simon
(08-19-2018, 09:19 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: That is the wrong Todd. I can't remember his exact user name but that is not it.

You're thinking of Todd Cronkhite {sp} I believe....He is a friend of Todd Hughes...and also an old time woodnetter .he is active on FB.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-19-2018, 09:55 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Todd Hughes.  King of anvils!

Yes, that's it. Thanks
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-19-2018, 12:37 AM)TGW Wrote: Now with that said I think you should stop bashing Bob Smalser and other good craftsmen out there.
Sorting among the oldtimer's wisdom and picking what fits yourself under your conditions is one of the things you must learn to enable you to learn anything at all.

I have to believe you are taking my comments as "bashing". 
Rolleyes Maybe you should post more often than ever 6 months and if you have something to say about Bob Smalzer, and go ahead and say it. This is the Internet. I don't look at my comments as "bashing", so I 'spose we'll need to agree to disagree.
Yes

I learned how to appreciate Bob Smalzer the honest way, by dealing with him online. I can't account for Bob's actions or tell him how to interact with people.
No Great articles though!
Yes

Alan
(08-19-2018, 01:26 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote:  if you have something to say about Bob Smalzer, and go ahead and say it. This is the Internet. I don't look at my comments as "bashing", so I 'spose we'll need to agree to disagree.
Yes

Alan

I absolutely agree on the Internet, every one is welcome to voice their opinions on anything as long as it is done in a civil manner. We have had enough moderation (censorship?), and the last thing we want is any attempt to silence any member just because he or she has a different view about some person or something.

Bashing or not, it is a subjective thing, and if one wants to defend someone else, go ahead and one needs no permission to do so. I have "bashed" (whatever it means) Paul Sellers, but have also come to his defense (not that he would need it) when I disagree what others have said about him. I did so without any implicit or express permission from Paul or from anyone. Simply point out how the other guy is wrong. This is the Internet. If one wants only one single uniform view on anything, move to a communist country...and where the Internet is regulated, censored, and monitored 24/7.

Simon
I'm not sure I could provide any conclusive evidence to support this but I believe this thread is an example of why people lose interest in forums.  The most current posts have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.  The answer to the question posed in the subject line was answered several replies back and the rest of the discussion should have occurred in another thread under a different subject.

These types of discussion are good and should take place but if I were looking for a discussion of professionals sharing their knowledge (or not) I wouldn't expect to find it under this subject line.  I come to WoodNet everyday and I enjoy my time here.  I don't want my comments to be taken as dissatisfaction and it's not my intent to step on anyone's toes.

And yes, I have contributed to the digression of this thread.

Frank Segreto
(08-19-2018, 02:32 PM)professore Wrote: I'm not sure I could provide any conclusive evidence to support this but I believe this thread is an example of why people lose interest in forums.  The most current posts have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.  The answer to the question posed in the subject line was answered several replies back and the rest of the discussion should have occurred in another thread under a different subject.

Frank Segreto

This happens in ALL forums -- active or not under the sky. I am in an academic forum and people could digress and talk about, say, family pets when it has always been a discussion about, for example, financial regulations! Thread discussions in any social media including youtube comments, instagram, FB, are always fluid. What you observed is not just a forum thing.

Simon