What happened to Wenzolff and Sons?
(08-22-2018, 09:57 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: Sounds like you have even more metalworking tools than I do, but I have too many for the space I have for them..Two mills, DP  BS 8 lathes and lots of tooling for them..
Well, I'm glad I don't have 8 lathes...
Laugh And my wife is glad I don't have 8 lathes also...although she could care less and has no idea what my machines do. She sees me using them, but it's all oblivious to her...
Yes

(08-22-2018, 09:57 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: I just sold and shipped a Buck 6jaw chuck for the SB..I only used it twice and I am way too old to keep hanging on to things I don't use. A 5C collet chuck and a full set of collets are going next, also unused..I have a 3C complete and a set of ER collets..One lathe I have had a couple years and haven't ever used is a Myford Super Seven..I gotta get that baby going this winter!!
I could use a 5C collet chuck for my South Bend 9A, but I don't really need it. Myfords are pretty nice little lathes, very desirable for a home shop, IMO. You must have an SB9, with 3C collets. I have a pretty complete set of 3C collets as I have a 6" Ellis dividing head that uses them. I have a Buck 4" 6-jaw on my Ellis Dividing Head. I wish I had a bigger one, but I have a nice Buck 4-jaw with 2-piece jaws I just put on my Rivett. I have a full set of 6R collets for my Rivett.

I don't have everything on my VintageMachinery page...they don't allow European machines either, so my Deckel is not there, but this is most of it here: Alan's VintageMachinery Page.

(08-22-2018, 09:57 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: I will have to say that the "Z man" has all of us beat when it comes to machines and tools..The bum even has an indoor rifle range...
Crazy  
Crazy  
Laugh

You need one in Chicago, because it's unsafe to go to the range...
Laugh

That's cool, no man cave is complete without at least a half dozen firearms. Is there anything cooler to build in the world? I don't go to the range lately, and California keeps getting stricter and stricter...someone mentioned he likes to shoot long distance, I have parts to build a Remington 700 Bolt Action in 6.5mm Creedmoor. Those will get out over 2000 yards. When I have some time I'll work on it. I only own firearms that I have built. I want to spend my time crafting wood and metal, not so much firearms. I have a few blank receivers if I want to build any, but I have way more firearms than I need...just like machines. I want to focus more on making tools.

Alan
Not Chicago,but here in good old Pennsyltucky! Are all welcome to visit my plant and warehouse (where I have my indoor shooting range). Please, though, give me a week's notice of passing through, to make sure I'm in town.

P.S. website linked below is old!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(08-23-2018, 05:36 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Not Chicago,but here in good old Pennsyltucky!  Are all welcome to visit my plant and warehouse (where I have my indoor shooting range).  Please, though, give me a week's notice of passing through, to make sure I'm in town.

Tony,

I wish I was closer to you, I'd take you up on it just to sit around punchin' paper with 'ya!

Truth be told, I don't go to the range, all of my rifles are disassembled and receivers in the safe. If I need them, I don't think I'll forget how to use them, and I feel pretty confident I will always be able to hit a torso at 300 yards...however the likelihood of that happening are very low, the chances are I will need to use it at about 25 feet inside my home.

If it ever comes down to a rebellion against the Government, where our Government has gotten so tyrannical that we need to stop them...well at that point help our country, because it will be the bloodies war this country has ever seen since the Cival War. In fact it will be the first war this country as seen on our soil since the Civil War.
Yes

At the end of the day, let's spend our time working wood! What do you say? I know I have a house to build...
Smile

Alan