Hanging big staghorn fern
I need to rehang are large staghorn fern. At this point it probably weighs 100 - 200#.
One method involves putting a half inch galvanized pipe down through the center of it with a T at the bottom and then hanging it from the top.
I need to put some kind of an eye on the top of a half inch galvanized pipe, but can't find the fitting to do it.
Any source for one?
Or other hanging ideas?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(08-07-2018, 08:14 AM)Pirate Wrote: I need to rehang are large staghorn fern. At this point it probably weighs 100 - 200#.
One method involves putting a half inch galvanized pipe down through the center of it with a T at the bottom and then hanging it from the top.
I need to put some kind of an eye on the top of a half inch galvanized pipe, but can't find the fitting to do it.
Any source for one?
Or other hanging ideas?

Instead of a pipe could you use a 1/2 or 5/8" dia galvanized long bolt with washers or a plate on the bottom and a eyelet or eye nut on the top.   The bolts like the electric co and phone company use for pole work.  While a smaller diameter bolt would hold the load I was thing about rust through over the years.   Stainless steel aircraft cable could also work.   Roly
The bolt would have to be 36" long!
Thinking of a galvanized eye nut. If there is room inside the eye for a 1/2" galvanized cap, to hold the pipe.

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
The bolt would have to be 36" long!
Thinking of a galvanized eye nut. If there is room inside the eye for a 1/2" galvanized cap, to hold the pipe.
(08-07-2018, 08:14 AM)Pirate Wrote: I need to put some kind of an eye on the top of a half inch galvanized pipe, but can't find the fitting to do it.
Any source for one?
Or other hanging ideas?

1/2" pipe T on the top of the pipe, then a small chain through the center of that T?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The eye nut you linked could easily be redrilled  and tapped for 1/2" IP.  I could have it done in 15 or 20 minutes.  Alternately, get a 36" length of SS all thread and use that instead of pipe.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Another option would be a pipe fitting called a floor flange. Basically an iron disc with a hole tapped in the centre for a pipe and 4 screw holes in a circle around the middle
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.