So Embarrassed ! So apologetic
To all of you gentlemen and gentlewomen I again have to ask forgiveness. I have tried like crazy to post photos and prices for all of the tools but my laptop will no longer process through Photobucket. I cannot even get to my old photos. I was told that a third-party photo host was no longer required here, but every time I have tried to upload an attachment of photos, description and price it has been rejected.

I have been battling a myriad of brain related deficits and so, have not even replied to very kind PM's from old friends welcoming me back and that is shameful and it makes me sad. Today is one of the best I have had, so I figured I should post and explain. I am very stupid on computers and do not know where else to go for a third-party hosting. To be brutally honest( surprise ,surprise) I cannot understand why this forum retains such an outdated rule. On "My Les Paul" forum where I have been very active , deals in the many  thousands go through with direct from computer photographs. Do our mods really think the third-party hosting will protect people? I am bemused, confused and frustrated. Sale of some of these truly special tools has become necessary, not optional. So, unless someone can tell me how to upload without a crutch, it will all end up on "ebay." I despise ebay, but I have no option.

I know the tone of this post will raise some ire; well, personally, I feel stuck and personally inadequate.

Sincerely, Mike Tobey
Nice straightforward honest post! I'd recommend Flickr as your photo host instead of Photobucket, whom I've divorced 
Slap for basically holding my photos for ransom. Not sure if this is what you're looking for but maybe try to upload your pictures for any given item to your Flickr account, add them to an album with a title named for the item i.e. "Disston crosscut saw" and give us a link to that album when you post the item here on woodnet. Rich aka "Admiral" does that quite a bit when he sells here and might have some pointers for you! Best wishes on your sales!!
Here's a recent example of how he does it
https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7341115
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Consider trying this.

Take a group photo of maybe 5-10 tools at a time.  Basically just visual evidence that the tool exists.   That, plus your word should be plenty of information to get these tools passed on.  If you did it this way, it's possible to get all of your stuff posted in maybe a dozen photographs.  Which, if this is the case, myself, or another user here would be glad to have you email the pictures and we can post them for you.

Ebay would be unfortunate, as our community here should be able to liquidate you quite nicely.
Mike: open an account at Flickr, easy, no big deal. You can then upload photos from your computer into your "photostream", and then click "Album" where you can create a new Album. Then just drag the photos into the album. Name the album, then save it. Go back to your "photostream" and click Album again, then click the album you just created. Then copy the URL, and use the "link" feature on the software here on this site to paste it into your post.

I agree that your descriptions and pictures of multiple planes (to show they exist) should be sufficient, as for those who've been around here for any length of time, your reputation is impeccable. So group two, three or four together and take the pictures.

If you are confused about how the new software works here, just paste the URL for the album into your post with the descriptions, and I or others will make sure we can put i into a link format so everyone can see it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Mike: you are among friends. No apologies necessary. We hang out here because we love WW. We make no judgments.
You are a friend. Best Regard, Phil
(08-12-2018, 03:02 PM)Mtobey Wrote: To all of you gentlemen and gentlewomen I again have to ask forgiveness. I have tried like crazy to post photos and prices for all of the tools but my laptop will no longer process through Photobucket. I cannot even get to my old photos. I was told that a third-party photo host was no longer required here, but every time I have tried to upload an attachment of photos, description and price it has been rejected.

I have been battling a myriad of brain related deficits and so, have not even replied to very kind PM's from old friends welcoming me back and that is shameful and it makes me sad. Today is one of the best I have had, so I figured I should post and explain. I am very stupid on computers and do not know where else to go for a third-party hosting. To be brutally honest( surprise ,surprise) I cannot understand why this forum retains such an outdated rule. On "My Les Paul" forum where I have been very active , deals in the many  thousands go through with direct from computer photographs. Do our mods really think the third-party hosting will protect people? I am bemused, confused and frustrated. Sale of some of these truly special tools has become necessary, not optional. So, unless someone can tell me how to upload without a crutch, it will all end up on "ebay." I despise ebay, but I have no option.

I know the tone of this post will raise some ire; well, personally, I feel stuck and personally inadequate.

Sincerely, Mike Tobey

I agree with you and I have not sold any tools since they changed the website. I purchased a LN #8 from you a few months ago and the tool was exactly as described and I couldnt be happier with it. I would purchase from you again without seeing a picture of the tool. I agree that people will be hesitant to buy a tool without a picture but I trust you, Admiral and others that sell here. Try listing your tools without pictures and see what happens.
(08-12-2018, 03:02 PM)Mtobey Wrote: I know the tone of this post will raise some ire; well, personally, I feel stuck and personally inadequate.

There should be no ire associated with this thread. It deserves none. I do feel inadequate in not being able to better help you with the picture posting. My apologies to you for that.

Your word here is good. Before going to the 'bay, please at least try us with a list and prices.

Let's start with: How much is left on your previous list?

v/r,
Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
You can now upload photos directly through WoodNet.  No need for a separate hosting service.

When starting a thread or in new reply mode (not quick reply), just click the "Browse" button beside New Attachment at the bottom of the page.

A window will open showing your computer's folders and files.

Navigate to where you store your photos, select the one you want, and click "Open" .

Then click the "Upload" button on the right hand side of the bottom of the page.

If you want to add another photo, click the "Browse" button beside New Attachment at the bottom of the page.

I genuinely hope this helps.

Joe
Thanks to all who have so kindly replied with help or support. "deepcreek" offered a method I am somewhat accustomed to at the college where I frequently teach--not this semester, though. If I fail on that, I will try flickr.
(08-13-2018, 08:46 AM)Mtobey Wrote: Thanks to all who have so kindly replied with help or support. "deepcreek" offered a method I am somewhat accustomed to at the college where I frequently teach--not this semester, though. If I fail on that, I will try flickr.

There is a limit on file size when posting directly to the site so you may have to resize your photo's.