Rough Cut Fine Woodworking
My TIVO finally caught  Rough Cut Fine Woodworking, and I watched it today.  I really enjoyed it.  He has a great personally, and I found it relaxing to watch.  I would have done some methods differently, but I also know there is "more than one way to skin a cat", and I bet he has a lot more experience than me.

I am not sure if I will like his projects, but I can still learn from him.

Hope this continues.
(08-14-2018, 08:46 PM)toolmiser Wrote: My TIVO finally caught  Rough Cut Fine Woodworking, and I watched it today.  I really enjoyed it.  He has a great personally, and I found it relaxing to watch.  I would have done some methods differently, but I also know there is "more than one way to skin a cat", and I bet he has a lot more experience than me.

I am not sure if I will like his projects, but I can still learn from him.

Hope this continues.

I like the show too.  If you are a member of the Fine Woodworking Website ($35 per year) you can watch all 13 shows from this season.  And they are in high definition unlike my local over-the-air PBS channel.

Mike
(08-14-2018, 08:46 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Hope this continues.

The new Rough Cut is much more enjoyable than the previous edition, and the guests are real woodworkers, not sidekicks.

The length forces Tommy to be concise and not long-winded like many others (including Paul Sellers, Rob Cosman and many other less known online instructors and teaching videos). I like 5-minute material to be presented in 5 minutes, not 15 minutes which is the typical mistakes made by almost 99.9% of the presenters including those quoted above or on youtube etc. They make long videos to fill the time for monetary reasons. Brevity and conciseness require hardwork. Credits go to the WBGH director and producer.

The only woodworker I know who was successful in that was Norm Abram.

Simon
I like the show too. Much more relaxed than the previous one.
It's amazing how much more actual learning can be gained from the new version.  The new Tom is a good communicator and moves along at a crisp but relaxed pace.  I'd like to see more with respect to finishing besides Danish Oil, but the old show never told you more than "I sprayed it with a couple of coats of lacquer.", so it's no worse in that regard either.  Still, there's room for expanding their coverage on finishing should they choose to do so.  Overall, this show is definite improvement over the first edition.  

John
I agree, I like this version of the show much better than the first for the reasons stated above.
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Yep, I'm a fan.  I don't do much woodworking anymore (mostly turning), but I enjoy this show a lot.  A real heir apparent to Norm.
Yes - a good show and I think will get better.  I think Tom is a little nervous in front of the camera but that will change.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
He does a great job for sure.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Now you all have gotten me intrigued.  I haven't watched a WW show since Norm retired.  It's on my local PBS at 11:00 am tomorrow, and since it'll be wet out, I'll guess I'll give it a shot.  
Smile
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"