Latest saws
Gorgeous work.

Really. (17 char min 
Laugh )
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(08-28-2018, 10:37 PM)Aram Wrote: Gorgeous work.

Really. (17 char min 
Laugh )

Thank you for the compliments.
FYI: My web site has mysteriously crashed. Not even I am able to access it.
Confused
Confused
Confused
BontzSawWorks.net
Just when I ease back into the woodworking world, here comes Ron with his beautiful saws luring money out of my wallet! Curses!!

Those saws are fabulous!! Once the smoke clears of my previous business, a good medium size saw is in my plans. I hope to snag a custom beauty like one of these! You, sir, are a talented man.

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Ron

Is Bog Oak always black?  I love all three of them but the maple and oak handles are the best.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-09-2018, 10:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ron

Is Bog Oak always black?  I love all three of them but the maple and oak handles are the best.

Hi Arlin.
    Short answer is I don't know. All the bog oak I have seen is black from all those years in the bog. There is a hint of brown in the grain, but it is very difficult to see. It does have a distinct smell I am not fond of and after rasping, my hands look like I have been working in charcoal. It seem to be a little chippy as well.
BontzSawWorks.net
Beautiful work, as always! That bog oak handle is especially cool looking. From the picture, it has a similar look to an ebony handle, but with a little more texture.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop