First segmented turning
Finally got around to trying segmented turning, so built the wedgie sled and gave it a try. I really enjoyed it, and the result is attached. Maple with walnut base and accent pieces. Also cut and glued up the opposite configuration (walnut with maple accents) and need to turn that. Surprising how little time is spent turning compared to the time cutting, gluing, etc.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks great to me. I still haven't tried it yet. Congratulations.
very nice indeed,beautiful work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Looks great!

[filler to meet the 17 character minimum]
(08-18-2018, 10:57 PM)jcredding Wrote:   Surprising how little time is spent turning compared to the time cutting, gluing, etc.

Looks great
Cool
Yes it don't take long to turn one and the fun is over
Laugh  back to cutting n gluing
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I really love the contrast. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-18-2018, 10:57 PM)jcredding Wrote: Surprising how little time is spent turning compared to the time cutting, gluing, etc.

I don't typically keep track of how much time I spend doing what part any more because it falls in the category of "Don't ask questions you don't really want to know the answers to." When I did keep track, a piece that took 100 hours from "I wanna …" to "Where do I put this?" took about 4 hours with a bowl gouge in my hand. Looks like you have it figured out.

By the way, I really like the dark accents.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
That looks great. The joint alignment looks spot on.
Great job!  Keeping things as aligned as you did isn't as easy as it looks.  My one attempt was much simpler and a complete failure.
Rodney
Very nice!

There are smartphone apps that you can use to tell you how much time you have invested in a certain project.
Then again, I am in the "I don't wanna know" camp