Cut an Oak tree down and make a light fixture.

This is the second of many wood working projects to come from the Willow Oak I had cut down last November and milled up into 5/4 and 10/4 boards.
That came out great. That oak looks interesting, almost more like the ash I use.
(08-19-2018, 11:14 AM)Duane N Wrote: This is the second of many wood working projects to come from the Willow Oak I had cut down last November and milled up into 5/4 and 10/4 boards.

Awesome light . What did you use for the panels in the side & bottom for light ? Gary
(08-19-2018, 11:38 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: That came out great. That oak looks interesting, almost more like the ash I use.
Thanks....definitely an Oak tree that was cut down. 
(08-19-2018, 11:57 AM)Gabby Wrote: Awesome light . What did you use for the panels in the side & bottom for light ? Gary

The panels are just a cut up 2' X 4' lens cover for a florescent light fixture.  The light itself is an LED fixture and the center panel can lift out to work on the light.
(08-19-2018, 02:31 PM)Duane N Wrote: Thanks....definitely an Oak tree that was cut down. 

The panels are just a cut up 2' X 4' lens cover for a florescent light fixture.  The light itself is an LED fixture and the center panel can lift out to work on the light.

Thanks for the info , really like this build . Gary
(08-19-2018, 11:38 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: That came out great. That oak looks interesting, almost more like the ash I use.

Ash is the poor man's oak. A bit of stain and 96.8% of the population will think it's oak.
Wink
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15