Board measurements
I am building a hope chest. The plans list some parts like this. 1x2x29- 1/2. What does the 1/2 mean?
"There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men,out of necessity, are forced by circumstance to meet."
Admiral William Frederick "Bull" Halsey Jr.

(08-19-2018, 01:17 PM)DarrellC Wrote: I am building a hope chest. The plans list some parts like this. 1x2x29- 1/2. What does the 1/2 mean?

eh, well, perhaps the length, 29 1/2 inches????  Sounds logical to me; compare it to the part of the chest you are making.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You may be right. Just threw me the way it is written. Thanks
"There are no great men. Just great challenges which ordinary men,out of necessity, are forced by circumstance to meet."
Admiral William Frederick "Bull" Halsey Jr.

If what you posted is exactly as it’s written in the plans—particularly the spacing, be very cautious and double-check everything before your final cuts.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Having written many plans for magazines as well as for selling/giving away on my website, I think it is probably just a typo. It should read "29-1/2".

Even in a nationally published magazine, where I have proof read it, my wife has, and it also went through several editors and graphic artists, things still can slip by.

The good news is you should be able to look at the plans and verify all the dimensions.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.