Delta Drill press return spring broken
I have a Delta 17-965 drill press.  The return spring for the quill broke, so it doesn't come back up on its own.

Anyone ever have this happed to them?

I looked on Delta's website and they sell the housing and the spring for about $32 bucks.  Has anyone ever had this issue?  Do I need to buy the housing and the spring, or is it possible to replace just the spring? 

Any other resources you can suggest I check? 

Thanks
The more you know, the less you need
You can buy a generic replacement spring on Amazon
cheaper than $32.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
It's easy to replace but can hurt you if you do it wrong.

Youtube has a video on how it's done safely.
(08-20-2018, 11:25 AM)Sparetime Wrote: I have a Delta 17-965 drill press.  The return spring for the quill broke, so it doesn't come back up on its own.

Anyone ever have this happed to them?

I looked on Delta's website and they sell the housing and the spring for about $32 bucks.  Has anyone ever had this issue?  Do I need to buy the housing and the spring, or is it possible to replace just the spring? 

Any other resources you can suggest I check? 

Thanks

I had the spring break several years ago. I found that I preferred the DP without the spring. I installed a threaded rod height adjustment and never use the crap that Delta put on this DP. Without the spring the quill can be adjusted easier and the threaded rod will hold it in place. 
Before you buy another spring, try using the DP without it.
mike