Where O where has my lumber gone?
(08-22-2018, 05:16 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I found your birch. All birch logs:
Great! Can you grab one or two and deliver them down here?
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(08-21-2018, 06:17 PM)Scouter Wrote: Thanks, I checked them out earlier, their "in store" sales didn't list it. Heck, it doesn't list anything. This time I (accidentally) hit "online sales" and it shows up. It's about an hour from where I am, but maybe I can find another reason to be in that area.

Not sure why, but most of the lumberyards around here have either closed up or switch to selling only ply or composite. The big boxes only carry birch in ply, same with Rockler and Woodcraft.

Again, thanks.

I would go ahead and give them a call.  I don't know how much I would rely on their website for accurate information on their inventory.

Not much else to see around Mars, but lots of good places to eat in Cranberry TWP.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I found that Pawlosky Lumber in Hickory has an excellent selection of hardwoods.
Maybe check the smaller local sawmills , they tend to have odd stuff , at least the ones around me do .
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Scouter, If you are still searching for birch lumber, there is a wood products company in Lugoff South Carolina (between Columbia and Camden) that may have what you need. I don't know where you live, so this suggestion may not help you. The company is Roy's Wood Products (https://www.royswoodproducts.com). They sell dimensional lumber and sheet goods. I don't buy from them often, but the last time I was there a year or so ago, they had a good supply of birch; and the guy there said they keep it in stock.

I took the photo I posted earlier in St. Petersburg harbor Russia last week as we were leaving. The birch appeared to be pulpwood, since the logs were small and there were tons of it. Birch seems to be the most abundant species in that part of the world. Your post reminded me of the photo.

Good luck with your project.

Hank
Allegheny mill work and lumber

Brookside lumber 

If Brookside doesn't have it . They can get it .

There is a sawmill in Champion . He has a LARGE assortment .
linky for wood in champion

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.