Rolleyes
Rolleyes

No further information necessary.

Sigh

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Only problem was no white tape on neutral feeder but inspector had some and we used it.

Now to get the power company to hook me up!
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-21-2018, 07:12 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote:
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Sigh

Just a reminder. "black on black, white on white, green is optional"
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Last Thursday was working on a place that appeared to have the hall lights with an issue.  My wife was all do you think the 3 way switches might be bad or wiring?  I went into the garage pulled out the 8' ladder fooled with one bulb to see if the connection was bad nothing happens so move to the other light pops on no issues with anything but the bulbs.  So swapped out both for LEDs and not only does everything work but you can actually see a lot more than in the past
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-21-2018, 07:12 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote:
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Sigh

Any possibility you have a fixture wires in series as opposed to parallel?

Not even sure that makes sense but the thought just popped into my head.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

our Utah house had a number of dead outlets.  The problem was mostly with switched outlets.  Whoever wired those didn't hook up the switches right, always did black to black, white to white even though in a switched circuit, one of the white wires has to be converted to hot.  Fortunately the way they did it ended up running neutral to both sides of the switch instead of the just as likely running hot to neutral through the switch.  Not sure why they never tested, they probably specialize in "there I fixed it" moments.
(08-22-2018, 08:17 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Any possibility you have a fixture wires in series as opposed to parallel?

Not even sure that makes sense but the thought just popped into my head.

Nope, just two circuits that had the switch at the end of the run and I had to run a hot to the switches.  Two afternoons of testing and head scratching then I woke up the next morning and realized my mistake.

Remember the bumper sticker you see on pickups?  (Yes, it's my truck.  No I won't help you move)?  I feel the same way about wiring.  "Yes, I can do wiring.  No, I won't help you (or do it again) "  
No
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)

Not sure what this whole thing is about because I am missing the first 7 posts. Will say this. There is an adage in the electrical industry. A neutral is always white but a white is not always a neutral and this shows up in switching alot and how the feed is brought into the circuit.
John T.
Always put black tape on a hot (switched) white wire.......

Ed
(08-22-2018, 08:50 PM)EdL Wrote: Always put black tape on a hot (switched) white wire.......

Ed
When I run 3 conductor cable for 3 ways or 4 ways, the black or white (depending on application) will be changed to red. It's a huge time saver when there's 2 or 3 gang switch boxes with multiple 3 and 4 way switches. Especially if you forgot which switch has the line and which has the load
Confused .
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"