I PASSED Final inspection!! PSA: light circuits work
What most electricians do is tape the white with black tape but leave a flag on the tape (small piece folded onto itself) This indicates the feed.
John T.
Just be aware that it used to be NEC compliant (Art. 200-7 exception 2) to use the white as an ungrounded (hot) supply conductor for supply to a single-pole or two-way and three-way switches, without re-identifying it by marking with another color.  Since the white was nutted directly to the black at the receptacle or lighting outlet, there was no question it was hot at that end, but at the switch, the white is (still) hot of course, but you might not know it if you're not aware of how it was commonly done.

Single-pole switch legs without a grounded (neutral) conductor are no longer allowed, but there's zillions out there from decades of construction that have no neutral and the white is hot at the switch.  The black was therefor the switched ungrounded (hot) conductor at the lighting or receptacle outlet.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
congrats on passing inspection.  That's always a relief.  I found our local inspectors to be very helpful
Drove up to shop today and there were two big and one little power company trucks gathered at my pole.

They were just getting finished
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Now I can weld up the door frame and get the last inspection done, get the insulation guy to show up and MOVE IN!

(Some how that still sounds like a lot of work
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)

Cool

So, how many trips to move in???
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It is a lot of work. If you don't yet have them, get a set of forks for the tractor....it really makes the job easier. (You''ll need some nylon load slings as well, HF works well).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yep, got forks.  Got trailer.  Don't got much help
Rolleyes

But there is a "hometown" moving service we've used before that may get to work up a sweat for me on the smaller stuff
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
The thread is useless.........

( you know why)

Laugh
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(08-31-2018, 03:36 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: The thread is useless.........

( you know why)

Laugh

+1

Not sure he really has a shed.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Imgur link to album

right mouse click on "open link in new tab" and you'll see some pix.

Maybe someone can tell me how to post a picture here from Imgr.
Rolleyes
[Image: GTfmwau.jpg][Image: vB2rX27.jpg]

[Image: L3hpOvZ.jpg][Image: se8q6xY.jpg%5B]

If these show up I've got it figured out -- go to the image in Imgr, click the down arrow in upper right hand corner, copy "BB link" address, delete "[img] at start and end of URL , select "insert image" and add 400 to height and it shows up in the preview.

Hopefully in the real thing too!

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)