I PASSED Final inspection!! PSA: light circuits work
Very nice! Certainly adds scale to it. I was thinking you were building a much smaller Garden Shed.

Around here, we call those barns. If you can stand your garden tools in it, it's a shed. If you can drive your garden tools through it, it's a barn.

No ventilation in the roof?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

It's gonna be (already is, actually) awesome. Are you starting to get a tingling feeling? BTW, when does the home construction start?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-02-2018, 05:21 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: No ventilation in the roof?

Fewer things to inspect the better it goes
Rolleyes

Hoping there's enough left in the budget for a mini-split and will use dust collector/air filters to move air.  I've got two 5hp dust collectors so one could be dedicated to exhausting hot air if I go that way.
Big Grin

I've got a 4' long, 18" diameter shop-made wood stove in reserve for winter.  Eats pallet wood full length.
Laugh

Gonna start moving dirt for basement next week.  If it's dry I dig.  If it's wet I move stuff in shop.  Got plenty to do.
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(09-02-2018, 09:38 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Hoping there's enough left in the budget for a mini-split and will use dust collector/air filters to move air.  I've got two 5hp dust collectors so one could be dedicated to exhausting hot air if I go that way.
Big Grin

I'd pick this up, stick a spare motor out of my pile on it, put it in the wall or maybe build a box for it  with wheels (with hardware cloth so it doesn't suck in any cats), and be happy.  We have several in our shop at work in the 48-72" diameter, sitting on the floor on wheels in wooden frames.  They do the work of several pedestal fans each, and they're quieter since they turn relatively slow.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/d/...46041.html
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I think I've got a motor that will do that.  Bardstown is only 20 minutes away so I'll be checking into it!

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(09-02-2018, 09:19 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I think I've got a motor that will do that.  Bardstown is only 20 minutes away so I'll be checking into it!

Almost any motor will do, as long as the rotation is right or it's reversible.  If it draws too much current, slow it down with a sheave change, or find a variable (adjustable) pitch sheave, which used to be common on belt-driven HVAC blowers.  Or speed it up if you want more air and the current is low, but remember that the input power increases as the cube of the speed ratio*, so doubling the speed takes 8 times the input power.  Small changes make for big hp changes. 

*Called the 'affinity laws', also fan laws and pump laws.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Looks good. Bigger than expected.

Now we know you really have a tractor too.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(09-03-2018, 06:23 AM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Now we know you really have a tractor too.

Someone would post something that wasn't so in Off Topic???
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(09-02-2018, 10:06 PM)TDKPE Wrote: remember that the input power increases as the cube of the speed ratio*, so doubling the speed takes 8 times the input power.  Small changes make for big hp changes. 

*Called the 'affinity laws', also fan laws and pump laws.

Yep, I've played with pump curves enough that I use an ammeter to see what a fan's really doing
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(09-02-2018, 09:19 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote:   Bardstown is only 20 minutes away so I'll be checking into it!

It came home with me.  It's in a little worse shape than pix shows, but for the price I can fix it
Big Grin

Thanks for the tip, TDKPE.  It was posted in "farm and garden" and I was searching "tools"
Rolleyes

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)