I finally got the Lazy Susan done for my Cousin
Tongue 
It has been 2 years in the making.  I should say 7 months and the other time of getting the Bloodwood boards and getting time to do it.

[attachment=12445]

[attachment=12446]

The bottom was 2 1x12 Bloodwood glued together to get the thickness I wanted for the lip.  The upper was 2- 1x10 for the same affect.
The top I was going to add a candle to but they did not want that so I made the handle instead.
Nothing special just a lot of time and buffing.

I still have another project for someone here and then two more projects for a auction for a good cause.  I have 3 months to get them done.  Yep tight time line.
Winkgrin
Smirk

Edited to add what I made.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looks great Arlin. I use a lot of bloodwood in segmented turnings.
Is that a nut bowl? I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.
I forgot to say I did not intend to used 2x2x12 curly Pink Ivory for the center post which I forgot all about.  I cut it on the on my new bandsaw which I got from the WoodNet Auction 2 years ago and finally got it out of the big box. 
After I turned it I thought about saving it and using if for something else but well it is now part of the project and it is 7" tall so there will be enough room between the top and bottom.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(08-22-2018, 12:38 PM)Enigmatic Wrote: Is that a nut bowl? I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

Sorry I should have said it was a Lazy Susan

Looks good Arlin
What is the finish?
(08-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Looks good Arlin
What is the finish?

2 coats of Tru Oil and then the Beall buffing system.

(08-22-2018, 12:46 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Sorry I should have said it was a Lazy Susan

Around here we'd use the term compote.  No LAZY Susans at our house.  

Also no woods that fancy.  Very nice looking.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Lookin good Arlin..
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Very nice Arlin
Cool 
Yes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop