LV new shoot board fence
And it looks like you might be able to set it for planing 90 degree miters (two 45s) from either direction, although you would then need both right- and lefthanded shooting planes...and, oh clever Rob, he's just doubled his plane sales!

Time to win the lottery.
(08-24-2018, 12:23 PM)Winterwood Wrote: This probably won't make AHill completely satisfied (or me, for that matter), but Lee Valley's new shooting board fence is a welcome addition for all shooters.

Unhappily, this reduces even further the chances that LN will ever produce the 52 chute board.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...at=51&ap=1

I got to test drive it at the IWF on Saturday.  That fence and switching up different angles, coupled with a sacrificial fence works really well.  I really liked it - and I have an Evenfalls fence set up.  
I liked that it was really pretty long - so you can get a pretty wide board in there.  Now how to add a donkey ear to this one I'm not sure....
My "shooting board" already has a fence...
Winkgrin 

Always a square cut, regardless of what angle I can set it to....up to 45s.....no need to shoot.    Have cut 1 x 10s on it.   Add a ramp, and have compound mitre cuts, too.

YMMV...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-24-2018, 12:23 PM)Winterwood Wrote: This probably won't make AHill completely satisfied (or me, for that matter), but Lee Valley's new shooting board fence is a welcome addition for all shooters.

Unhappily, this reduces even further the chances that LN will ever produce the 52 chute board.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...at=51&ap=1

That didn't take long. Sold out and back ordered until October 16th. And you know LV was prepared for some good initial demand.
Jason

Ordered the new fence and they are all sold out until October!...They probably made 500 for the first run...It just goes to show the pent-up need for accurate, easy to use shooting equip.

Ordered the fancy version of the "pocket" plane.   All of their anniversary tools have been winners and a black velveteen bag to boot!l
The free shipping event will boost the sales of these new products. The timing can't be better.

The shooting board is quite a steal for those who have not made their, or are planing to make one.

Simon