Leigh RTJ400 dovetail jig
Brand new, RTJ400 dovetail jig. Box opened, but never used. $275.00.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(08-26-2018, 10:11 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Brand new, RTJ400 dovetail jig.  Box opened, but never used.  $275.00.

Tony,
Why are you selling it?  I am considering it, but have a lot of reservations about it.  First being cost, second being safety since every video I see on how to use it has you pushing it into the router bit which means it is difficult to see what you are doing when routing.  Which is never a good thing in my opinion.
Just curious.

Dan

Save the whales!  Collect the whole set.
Save the whales! Collect the whole set.
(08-26-2018, 07:13 PM)Dan in Louisiana Wrote: Tony,
Why are you selling it?  I am considering it, but have a lot of reservations about it.  First being cost, second being safety since every video I see on how to use it has you pushing it into the router bit which means it is difficult to see what you are doing when routing.  Which is never a good thing in my opinion.
Just curious.

Dan

As I said in the power tool forum, I recieved it as a gift. I've been cutting dovetails by hand for years and am not really a power tool woodworker!
www.metaltech-pm.com
Let me sweeten the offer: I'll include shipping at my $275.00 price.
www.metaltech-pm.com
(08-26-2018, 07:13 PM)Dan in Louisiana Wrote: Tony,
Just curious.

Dan

Dan - I have this jig and really like it. I was an early adopter. I especially like the quick setup and small footprint of this jig. I purposely made my router table tall that works well for me except when this jig. Found I had to get close and peek over the jig to see the cut. What I did was place a 5x7 camping mirror on my on top of my router fence. I have a Woodpeck SuperFence with a t-track on the top. The frame of the mirror fit well in this track. Problem solved!

Mike

You can see the mirror here:

(https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...ight=Grill)
(08-26-2018, 10:11 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Brand new, RTJ400 dovetail jig.  Box opened, but never used.  $275.00.

Hey Tony, is this item still available? Thank you, JMO
Still have it, never used it! Bought it, after reading a Woodsmith article about it. If interested, I'll include shipping (heavy!) and put the Woodsmith magazine, with the article, in the box.

I have to remove the offer of including the Woodsmith magazine, as I am unable to locate that copy!
www.metaltech-pm.com
TonyZ: could you post the Woodsmith issue number about this jig? Thanks.
(03-29-2020, 01:35 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: TonyZ: could you post the Woodsmith issue number about this jig? Thanks.

Soon as I find why I put the magazine for safe keeping!

Did not find the copy of the magazine, but I did find a Woodsmith index! The article was in Issue 218, April of 2015.

Jig is still here, never used!
www.metaltech-pm.com
Tony Z: thanks. Will look for it. Again thanks!