CNC, Talk me out of it or not
(08-29-2018, 07:09 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: When I saw the title to this post, I thought it was a philosophical one.  Should I buy a CNC, or just stick to traditional methods of furniture making.  My answer which you are not going to like is...why not just go to the furniture store and buy what you want already made?  Then you can sell your machines and hand tools in the wanted ads.  Sorry...

You ever stop to think that maybe the items folks want to make on a CNC machine are not available at the furniture store?

I am also considering a CNC to expand my capabilities and follow these posts closely.   

Sorry, but your input was really not productive to the conversation at hand.
(08-28-2018, 02:15 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: As far as ease of use software wise, I am not sure it could be easier (balanced with its options) than using vectric vcarve pro. If  it is easier I am betting you sacrifice options. Again though that software has its own costs.

I 100% agree about vectric products. They are top of the line (as all in one packages go IMHO) 

I run Aspire.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(08-29-2018, 07:09 AM)Eric Commarato Wrote: When I saw the title to this post, I thought it was a philosophical one.  Should I buy a CNC, or just stick to traditional methods of furniture making.  My answer which you are not going to like is...why not just go to the furniture store and buy what you want already made?  Then you can sell your machines and hand tools in the wanted ads.  Sorry...

Im sure guys said this in in early 1900's when metal boy planes came out by the old wood plane users.....and again in the 30's when cast iron power tools started coming out.

Technology.....guess isnt for everyone. 
Rolleyes

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(08-31-2018, 05:23 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I run Aspire.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but I guess you only pay once. How much 3D work have you done?
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(09-01-2018, 07:06 AM)Gary™ Wrote: $$$$$$$$$$$$$ but I guess you only pay once.   How much 3D work have you done?

I also run Aspire... you have asked a great question... probably 95% of what I cut/carve on the CNC is 2D. In other words, VCarve could do 95% of the stuff I do without any problems and therefore the 3D functions in Aspire aren't used much in my work.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Aspire cost $2k. Sounds like a lot but Vectric sure has enabled 20+ times that in sales though from my shop. Its worth it to pay them back even though I dont fully utalize the 3d as much either. That and being $799 into vcarve pro I did not want to loose that investment towards the full package of aspire by not upgrading.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I can hear the exact same kind of words coming out of peoples mouths when power tools became affordable for hobbyists.
Let’s keep the discussion on CNC and software and not start a war with the hand tool guys

I’m learning new stuff.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
I have Vetric Cut2D but I’ve been watching the training videos on Fusion 360. It reminds me a lot of SketchUp which was something I got passably good at.
Enjoying this thread. I've been wanting a CNC for years and might be pulling the trigger sometime this year.