ceramic garden planters
Apologies in advance if this belongs in "Off-Topic!"

My bride is a high-octane gardener with many of these scattered about our landscape.

In the past, we carried them to a central location, turned them upside down on a few pallets, and covered the lot with a tarpl

Now that we're senior citizens, we'd like to leave them in place....clean out the inside, turn them upside down on pieces of 2x to lift them off the ground.

From what I've read in cyberspace, the danger is water getting into cracks and freezing [in our sometimes-brutal NE winters].

I was hoping I could find some kind of "planter cover" on line but struck out.

Should we abandon this idea??  Suggestions?

TIA!
Get some 55 gal drum liners & put over them. (Giant trash bags.)
They should fit, unless you have planters the size of a bathtub.
What are you trying to do? What are they used for?

If you're using them for annuals, you probably don't need to replace the dirt every year. I guess you could, but it's not really necessary. I have mine drilled for drainage and on pot toes (there are many similar things) to allow water to drain in. Freezing shouldn't be a problem since the water always has somewhere to go (up or down). If you're worried about cracking or splitting, that is unlikely since the expansion that occurs during freezing will just go back into the soil and out. Ice takes the path of least resistance also.
Just purchased a big plastic pot. Looks good and it should last a long time.