window screen removal
I am struggling with what would seem to be a simple activity.  I am removing window screens to do some caulking outside the house, and then putting the screens back.  Putting them back is problematic.  The screens are meant to fit into a groove all around the window frame.  There are two leaf springs on the right side of the screen that press the left side of the screen into the left groove in the window frame.  To reinstall these screens I press the right edge of the screen into the right groove and compress the leaf springs.  If I press in well enough, the left edge of the screen will go into the left groove if I can pull the left side of the screen in.  My problem is that there is nothing to grab a-hold-of along the left side of the screen to help me pull it in so it aligns with the groove and slides in as I believe is intended.  I thought about hot-melting on a short length of string to pull the left edge in so it will align with the groove and fall into place when I release pressure on the right side.  Do any of you know of the proper way these screens should be re-installed?  It can't be this hard.    

Thanks,
Mark
I have the same kind of screens. Mine have a little tab you can grab onto to position the screen on the opposite of the spring clips. These are held in by the screen spline. Also, those spring clips can get rusty and gunk can get down in the corner making it hard to get the screen in.
VH07V  
Ours have tabs to pull on.
Maybe yours have deteriorated and fell off??

Maybe take some thin metal strips, bend to fit and use those to install. Just leave them in place, or slide then towards the bottom of the screen
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just buy the tabs, they’re cheap.
VH07V  
(09-02-2018, 05:46 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Just buy the tabs, they’re cheap.

Huh. Mine are made into the screen.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-02-2018, 07:52 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Huh. Mine are made into the screen.
There are several types that can be retro-fitted.  Look at the pictures and choose the best options:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1350&b...8wuvbGJnp8
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.