Odd little tool
I picked this strange little tool a couple of weeks ago. I know it's an attachment for a rule, Stanley and the Rule Tool Co. made similar items. This one is marked Victor. I was thinking it might be one of the modern Stanley Victor tools, but I'm not sure and I can find no info on it. Has anybody seen one of these?

[Image: 20180822_163139-L.jpg]
[Image: 20180822_163151-L.jpg]
Could that be a ruler stop for the Stanley 100 miter machine?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Looks like the combination square portion of a Stanley odd job.
Hi steve, this took me a little over an hour trying different searches. So try googling "boye handy rule tool"

Says it was invented by George hall, the same who invented the stanley odd job in 1925
Spring-loaded clamp - gizmotic!
That would be a very useful tool if you can find a rule to fit it.
(09-02-2018, 07:03 PM)brofessor Wrote: Hi steve, this took me a little over an hour trying different searches. So try googling "boye handy rule tool"

Says it was invented by George hall, the same who invented the stanley odd job in 1925

That's it Kevin! Thanks!

This one has been driving me nuts. I couldn't find a thing. Mine is definitely based on this Hall patent, but doesn't have the arm that pivots off one corner.
Taken from an issue of a 1927 Popular Mechanics Magazine:

Still Learning,

Allan Hill