anyone install an Anderson Narroline conversion kit?
Bathroom window is 30-some years old, could stand to be updated.  For $500, I can replace the sashes and jambs with ones that are tilt clean and higher energy efficiency.  

One thing I'm confused about is that it doesn't seem to come with a lift handle, and their guidance about which lift handle to buy is non-existant.
(09-06-2018, 06:43 AM)EricU Wrote: Bathroom window is 30-some years old, could stand to be updated.  For $500, I can replace the sashes and jambs with ones that are tilt clean and higher energy efficiency.  

One thing I'm confused about is that it doesn't seem to come with a lift handle, and their guidance about which lift handle to buy is non-existant.

On their web site it says the sashes are not routed out for the handles.   It seems their new handles just screw to the surface.   So I would say to pick what style you like.   Roly
Here's your sash lifts

How many are you doing? Only one?
I've got a Pella lift (Champaign color), similar in size and color to the first one on the page I linked. Still in the package with the screws, I'll be happy to send it to you if you want it. Looks just like this.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Thank you, that's a really kind offer.  I think I'll go with white though.  Just doing the one window for now.  Too many concurrent projects going on.

They mention pulling back trim to get the old jambs out.  That might be a complicating factor since our walls are 6" and so there is a filler strip that might not be easy to get out without pulling a lot of trim.  OTOH, pulling the trim might not be a bad idea, I don't think they were very good at stuffing insulation around the window frame.
(09-07-2018, 07:26 AM)EricU Wrote: Thank you, that's a really kind offer.  I think I'll go with white though.  Just doing the one window for now.  Too many concurrent projects going on.

They mention pulling back trim to get the old jambs out.  That might be a complicating factor since our walls are 6" and so there is a filler strip that might not be easy to get out without pulling a lot of trim.  OTOH, pulling the trim might not be a bad idea, I don't think they were very good at stuffing insulation around the window frame.

Their online videos for changing them out do not show removing any trim around the window only the plastic tracks that are part of the window frame itself.   If it is as easy as it shows online it will be a piece of cake.  Roly
the written instructions are somewhat more involved than the videos.  I think there is a j-hook on the trim side of the jamb that might be captured by our trim.  Once I get the bathroom put back together, I am going to try to take the removable piece out and see if it is trapped.