A Project for the Boss
I was given some Brazillian wood similar in appearance to yours, from a guy that commercially made flooring. Tough as nails to work and after dimensioned, twisted something horrible, even though dried. Not sure if the same as yours and being imported, who knows if it may have been compression wood.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Even with pre-drilled holes...I still snapped a couple screws....Had to narrow it's width down about an inch...was a bit too wide...length was fine.   Pine cleat on the back was set to the thickness of the shelf boards.   Then a metal "L" bracket below that.   Then, anything below the brackets was ripped.   New blade in the bandsaw.   No squeaks heard...
Cool

Around back, I used the same L brackets, this time it was into a scrap of Ash....And I still snapped a screw...Grrrr
Upset

Shelving boards are just laying there....may add a few screws at the back...more room for the driver.  Plywood back for the center of the case, stops just above the shelf...to allow access for any cables or cords....rest of the way down, is for air flow to the heater...areas for the two doors will get a plywood back..AFTER this thing gets up the stairs, and out of the shop. 

Start for the bottom shelf.   There will not be any floor under the heater..air flow.  Need to cut a few cleats, for the fixed shelves to sit on.   As for those two clamps on the drawer front
While cutting dovetails on that end of the drawer front, made one mis-cut..
No ..during glue up, that little block broke off.....I cut a matching block. chisel to a close fit..bit of glue, let sit overnight.   As for my bench...
Confused

Bit of a royal mess....may clean that up...later..
Rolleyes .stay tuned
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Worked for a bit last night....drawer has been cleaned up, sanded with 80 grit, for now..
Rolleyes

Can't even tell where I repaired it at...(lower right hand corner
Cool )
Top has been sanded down, with 80 grit, for now.   The other corner has been milled square, and the curve cut..

Since my Stanley 45 does not do round-overs..

Have to use  other ways,...
Rolleyes  

The entire "flight deck" has a rounded over edge..deck is 16" wide, by 57" long.

I thought I could at least plug a few counter bored holes....needed a bit to make the plugs..
Uhoh  

But that didn't go too well. 
Angry
Stay  tuned for part 2
Rolleyes
OK..that plug cutter
No 
I bought it from Veritas, when they first started selling these things.    It is SUPPOSED to cut a tapered, 3/8" plug, by drilling into a scrap of face grain wood...Meant to ride in a drill press..

Hand drill just wander all over the place
Rolleyes ....5 speed drill press...set in "5th gear".    Been working great on Pine.....
Uhoh 

On Ash?   Smell something burning?    About halfway into each cut...bit would stall out, and if it did move,, it smoked the wood...
Those were about all I got milled...decided to go ahead and install the plugs...

Block of wood for that hammer to hit, to drive the plugs home.  I pop each plug out with that screwdriver.  I grab the fatter end of the plug, line up the grain with the thumb and index(ing?) finger.   A dab of glue around the narrow end of the plug, then drive it in.   will still need to "bake" another dozen or so of these plug (cookies?) to fill the rest of the counter-bored holes. Kind of fuzzy...

Need the others along the bottom and around the soon-to-be-built door....
Will see how today goes..stay tuned
Issue with the scorched plugs has been fixed.  Cutter de-burred, drill press set to it's slowest speed.   Three fixed shelves are installed..

Door had a squeaky hinge.  bottom hinge needed an adjustment.   Top of the drawer had a gap..
Rolleyes

Fixed that.   Same with the top of the door..

Fixed that.   Plugs that were installed, have since been trimmed flush....a bit of block plane work to smooth them out.
Second door was started today....frame is dry-fitted, and sitting in the clamps, for now..

Maybe tomorrow, I can turn these into raised panels..
Confused 

We'll see...7+ hours in the shop, today.....kind of sore.   Bought the boards to make the rest of the fixed shelves.  Still have 8 plugs to install.    Getting close to the "Finish Line"

Stay tuned...
You are an inspiration Bandit!

Love these builds.

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(10-03-2018, 08:10 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: You are an inspiration Bandit!

Love these builds.

Cool

What he said!

I really enjoy this ... love to see the "start (idea) to finish" view of a project.  Also the use of hand tools and common wood.

Thanks for sharing!
Let's see..Paul Sellers likes to raise a panel, just using a No. 4 Stanley plane.     He stands the panel up in the vise.    I tried the stand up routine....prefer the laying flat on the bench style.
Yesterday was supposed to be a day off from the shop....decided to haul the 1 x 12 planks to the shop, last night....
Winkgrin  
Each board is about 4 bf....HD wanted $8.96 + tax for each board....almost went through the entire rack, to find two worth that amount....Gold-plated Pine
Confused 

Was also in the shop, Boss wanted me to check on the clothes in the dryer....not dry, yet...restarted....what to do while I wait around.....
Uhoh 
Involved the usual suspects....
Cool 

And, IF you look in the background, you'll see three panels...
Hey, I did have to check out the jig, to see IF it worked, right?
Rolleyes   Since the end grain bevels were now done,,  rebuilt the jig a bit, and gave it a test drive, as well
Cool  

Seems to work.    jack plane hogged most of this bevel, cleaned up with the #3c....made a mess on the floor, again
Rolleyes  

Well, dryer was done, that load was dry, reload with another batch of wet clothes from the washer....and headed upstairs...to dry ME off
Winkgrin 

Was supposed to be my "Day Off" from the shop?
Stay tuned...

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-04-2018, 09:53 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Was also in the shop, Boss wanted me to check on the clothes in the dryer....not dry, yet...restarted....what to do while I wait around.....
Uhoh 
Involved the usual suspects....
Cool 
So true! And, the laundry is wrinkled because I forgot it.
I rarely search for wood at the borgs anymore. And with the current price gouging due to threatened Trump Tariffs on Canadian lumber, the instant 30% increase had me reassess my present stocks. 
Love watching you burn calories, and the project evolution.
No "Marathon in the shop" today....started at 12:20 pm..stopped at 3:40pm.....1/2 of gallon of Gatorade was needed....
Got the rest of the plugs installed..
Cool   .

Will trim them flush..tomorrow.   Already had the end grain bevels done..needed to do the long grain ones...

Used a Millers Falls No. 11 this time around...was a bit lighter than the No.14....

Got all the rebates made..
Cool  

End grain was with the Wards 78, with spur...long grain was with the #45, no spurs.   

Kept re-building that jig....had to use it again....as not all the openings in the frame needed the same sized panel...had to resize a couple...was finally able to spread a bit of glue..and fight with a few clamps....

Door #2 is now assembled, waiting on the glue to cure..overnight.    May get it installed tomorrow, and work on the last of the shelves?

Test strip for the "Weathered Oak" stain..didn't impress anyone.....may need mixed better?   Will try a wash of shellac to see how it looks. 
Stay tuned.....