A Project for the Boss
Well, the door came out of the clamps..was even in one piece
Winkgrin needed one edge jointed..

Top needed squared up 

Hinges installed..and find out where the knob is to go
Rolleyes  

needed a shim under the door, and then installed it...shim so the door doesn't drag the bottom edge when you ope/close it
Cool  

Then, right after this, a hammer and chisel and go around trimming plugs until they were flush....Needed to move the entire case a bit...needed to get my fat...body into the shelf area..

Still not all that much room...that trash can WAS empty, when this Project started, BTW
Rolleyes 

Had this all the way over, against the bandsaw...had one more task to do...

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, those HD 1 x 12s?    Needed 4 pieces, 13-1/8" long....

Three to make the shelves, the fourth to make a filler strip across the back...

Even used a "work light".   Top two shelves sit on 1 x 1 cleats....bottom is screwed down to the bottom frame.  Door done, plugs trimmed...moved this huge case aside a bit..
Winkgrin 

Decided to move it a bit more...both to get some room for sanding things, and...
Cool  

Get enough light to show off a bit.    Needs the fireplace insert installed...once it gets out of the shop  
Winkgrin 

Will get to this the firepit...IF it will stop raining for a day...

Stay tuned...sanding, stain and Amber Shellac coming up later...
Big Grin 

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve

Not being mean but just do not understand why.

With all the gaps you had on this and other builds and you always squaring everything up just why is there gaps?  It all should fit together prett tight correct?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Because things shift a bit when clamped up....
A coat of  Amber Shellac has been applied, over that coat of Weathered Oak stain...will see how it dries..
Well, I thought that a couple bright steel turn knobs would match the rest of the hardware on the case...

However...I was then informed by a self-appointed Furniture "Expert"   ( aka TROLL) that the project now sucks, by my use of such "cheap" hardware....ruined the whole look...was even cussed at....on another site...
Hmmm...

Already had the first coat of Amber Shellac on, waiting for the smell to die down....Had a bit of 1 x 1 Walnut scrap......Bandsaw to chop off a chunk, then resaw it into a pair of blanks...made a design and sawed that out.....Added a washer behind each.    Hole was to use the screws from the Cheap Latches...and they sit in counter-sunk holes..

Can really say that these new latches are indeed "cheap".   Whether they look cheap is not what I am interested in....let the sock-puppet Critics worry about it...the Boss likes them.

Just turn them down...doesn't really matter which way....they work just as well, either way..

Then gave the top of the case a second coat of shellac...and closed the shop...Maybe Tuesday, I can add a coat of gloss poly...and haul it out of the shop later this week...woodworking is 99.9% done.    Once it is upstairs, I can add the plywood backs.    And..install that fireplace insert.

Attached Files Image(s)

nicely done!

if the boss likes it, that's all that matters.
Will have to rub this out, tomorrow, but
Cool 

One coat of clear gloss varnish has been brushed on
Winkgrin 

Top needs the rub down the most....

Old, CLEAN T-shirt to buff things out.  

needs to be hauled upstairs, backs and the insert installed....and the entire mess placed in the Living Room.....and sit the TV and boxes on top.  

IF anyone wants, I could post a picture, or two, of it when installed?
Confused
Rolleyes
(10-09-2018, 07:22 PM)bandit571 Wrote:  anyone wants, I could post a picture, or two, of it when installed?
Confused
Rolleyes

yes!