A Project for the Boss
Bandit

A lot of people look at your projects without comments.  I do not think he should have brought the argument over to WoodNet because we are not that kind and we recognize others are different in thinking.  Everyone knows it is OK to disagree without stabbing for what they think.

I think you get more response here and more thought or questions or Atta boys then elsewhere.

Now stop getting all sad and get back to wood working!!!
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Taking a Gatorade Break...almost forgot the camera, first time down there...now working on the third task for today.  And, a few cheese sticks for Lunch..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(09-13-2018, 01:19 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Taking a Gatorade Break...almost forgot the camera, first time down there...now working on the third task for today.  And, a few cheese sticks for Lunch..

Excellent!
Skip

Had a few jobs to do....and 4 hours IN the shop..may get another bit later...
First task was to rebate the back edge of the other end panel...

Made a lot of shavings to do it..
Rolleyes  

Second task , AFTER the rebate was done ( hard to do the rebate after it) was to attach the sides to the frames (LOTS of cussing involved
Rolleyes

"Look Ma, no clamps!"    I also had to rotate this thing around, so I can work on the front of the case.

Got out the GEM Mitre box, cut a bunch of parts to length.  This was part of Task #3..bandsaw to make a few tenons
Cool 

Needed to chop a few mortises, assemble two frames, one with a kicker....to house a drawer..got one done, and a start on the other...Breaktime!
Winkgrin  

Went upstairs for a tall glass of Gatorade, and a few Cheese sticks....

Stay tuned...more to come..
Cool
Breaktime over..already?
Raised  Hmm, I suppose...
First frame got stashed out of the way..

Will I made the other.   Second one also gets a kicker.   Before that was installed, I drilled a few mounting holes and counter sank them  ( getting low on 2" screw...)
Clamped the top rail in place on the case.   Need to locate where the frame and kicker will go....bottom of kicker needs to be aligned with the bottom edge of the rail..

Once I aligned the kicker out front, I set a combo square up, to check the location of the frame all the way around...hammer taps as needed, 4 screws to attach things in place...

Still needed to drill and counter BORE ( ran out of the longer screws, just now) the frame the drawer will ride on..

I clamped a blank for the drawer front about where it will go ( need to trim for length)

Then marked where this last frame will go.   More interested in where the top of the frame will be.   Large square to draw a few lines across the panel...
Still more to come, stay tuned
Ok, lines marked, don't need the blank in place anymore....just in the way. 
Was a "slip fit" a few hammer taps as needed...got one side attached, and worked on the other end....Started one screw with the hammer....finally, all four screws installed..
Winkgrin  

Was getting a bit tired and sore, about Suppertime, anyway.   Stashed a few parts  about where they will be going...

Swept the floor
Rolleyes  and headed for supper.   Do a few Blogs....rest up a bit, decide which 3 tasks to do next..Build a drawer is way down on that list of things to do
Winkgrin 

These were the three jobs for today......Rebate done.....sides attached to the mainframes......drawer frames done and installed...I think that will do for today
Confused

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
(09-13-2018, 05:18 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Ok, lines marked, don't need the blank in place anymore....just in the way. 
Was a "slip fit" a few hammer taps as needed...got one side attached, and worked on the other end....Started one screw with the hammer....finally, all four screws installed..
Winkgrin  

You do know that Screw drivers or screw guns or other things are used and not the hammer right?
Big Grin
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I set the screw into the frame....once the frame was where I wanted it, a tap with the hammer set the screw where it needed to be..THEN I could reach for the drill/driver, and install the screw.   No different than someone using a dab of hot-melt glue to "tack" a part in place, until other fasteners can be used.....Just I can then drive that screw home.
(09-13-2018, 10:31 AM)BpB123 Wrote: For me, I REALLY enjoy and appreciate your build-along posts.  It would be a loss to this site if you stop

-Brian

Ditto.

I don't even know what he's referring to. Did somebody attack him in this thread?
(09-14-2018, 07:27 AM)mound Wrote: Ditto.

I don't even know what he's referring to. Did somebody attack him in this thread?

No. It's a common organic thing, and OK now. As the baby-boomer and junk-food generations advance this type of reaction to stress will grow more prevalent.