A Project for the Boss
That subject is closed...and on my ignore list. 
Meh..Simple as One...

two..

three..

repeat as needed...some of the wider stuff need a different angle..

will fine tune the fits, come glue-up time..

Got the four corners cut....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
The Ash plank that was hauled to the shop...needed piece 39" long, roughly.   Then rip a pair of 2" wide strips out of  it...the remains will go to the firepit....had too many knots , and was way under 2" wide....Needed to clamp the two "good" pieces back to back in the vise..

And a clamp....there IS indeed a use for a tool well.
Laugh 
Jack plane to hog the higher spots down..

These other two finished smooth the edges until they matched each other.

Had to stop here..had errands to run, bills to pay....maybe later, I can joint the other edges straight and smooth.   These two will go on either side of the drawer opening....still have to mill up a pair of 3" wide pieces, for around the fixed shelf below the drawer...when I get around to it...
Rolleyes
Have hit a delay in the project,  need the fireplace insert on hand...to set the height of the fixed shelf above it.   THEN I can mill the front edge of the shelf, and half lap it into place.

Once THAT is done, I can assemble and install the face frame.   Need to pick up the plywood for the back of the case,  some pine to build a drawer's sides and back.

Rail under the drawer needs cut for length,, width, and a curved bottom edge cut..   Will head out in a bit, and look at the inserts..

Stay tuned...
Insert has been ordered, been here in 10 days.   Well..I can do a few other items, while I wait, I guess.   Pine 1 x 6 x 6' for the sides and back of the drawer was also picked up.

I can build the drawer...cut two rails to rough size...and get two doors started.   That should get me to the delivery date for the insert..

Fixed shelf will be a frame and 1/4" skin for above the insert.   The four for inside the doors will be glue ups of Ash. 

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
More of an up-date:

Right side joints are fine tuned, and two new ones were done, tonight..

Just the outside corners on the left side were done, and fitted. Also cut one rail to go across under the drawer opening

Maybe Sunday I can get these fitted? Stay tuned
Winkgrin
A certain spot on the right leg is very, very sore, today....may , or may not do anything in the shop..
Bench IS a bit cluttered up, though..
Rolleyes 

With most of the tools from last night....I did make sure the 62 was sitting on the wood part of that handle...

That thin piece of plywood, and three nails, were used to lay out the curve that was cut..

One nail set at the center point, the other two out at the edge, where the curve would begin...Make sure the thin board bends smoothly...easier to cut, that way
Winkgrin 

New shoes, new pencils, and a pack of screws for cleats to install the shelves with....IF this leg will stop hurting, I may get something done.
The "Tool Kit"...
Rolleyes 

Not saying anyone NEEDS to run out and buy these things...merely this is what I have been using..

That long rasp is a "Johnson" "Made in USA"
Cool 

Jack plane and shoulder plane..
Cool  

Has a skewed iron, tapered, too..
Cool  

Backsaw and a few other tools, as needed.  Kind of sore right now...
I don't post as much as I used to.  That doesn't mean I'm not following the threads, but it does mean I don't have much to say.  Bandit, realize that the participation rate in WN isn't nearly what it used to be.  As I was posting this, I was the sole person viewing this thread.  So, post to your heart's content, but don't do it expecting a lot of feedback and posts in response.  WN is definitely on the decline.  I suppose there are just a lot of folks interested in other things.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Hmmm...really?  Whatever..
Rolleyes 
I did get the left side fitted up....

Which leaves the middle curvy section to do...

Marked for the cuts..

Make a bunch of cuts..

Hammer to knock most of the waste out. Chisel, #62 and the Auburn shoulder plane to smooth things out

Repeat for the other end.  Tomorrow, maybe, I can finish the face frame up?   Then start on the next phase...

Stay tuned, if you like...
Lookin good bandit!