A Project for the Boss
Had three things I wanted to get done, today.....well...I did get one out of three..
Rolleyes  had edges to joint...

Getting there..
Rolleyes  

got the third plank done...then a glue up was made..
Cool  

Used a few cauls to help keep the ends straight..
Cool

Top is 3/4" x 16" x 57-3/4"......not a whole lot of room left in the shop.   Can't even put the toys away...
Rolleyes 

Stanley No. 8, type 7..Stanley No.6c, type 10.....Millers Falls No. 14, type 3.....and a few odds and ends.  

Will let this sit overnight...may try to remove the clamps tomorrow.    Between the boards, and the clamps...this weighs almost as much as I do
Laugh

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hmmm,Visit to the Cardio Doctor today....BP is a bit up...new pill for that.    Heart Monitor..the "smart" phone it talks to went brain dead...getting another "replacement" shipped to me, restart the tests Monday....

Holes to drill..
Rolleyes 

Clamps to pull and hold things in alignment...until a screw could be installed...had to tip the case a bit..
Rolleyes  

This old back can't get down far enough, otherwise...
The top came out of the clamps, once all the screws were done..and, landed on the case,,,took a couple tries, until it landed where I wanted it..

Stuck the blank for the drawer into it's spot, to see how it will fit.

Ends need trimmed square, and..

A curved corner made.   Top is "tacked down"  while a few planes try  their luck..
Cool

Was a busy afternoon.   waiting on things to cool down, before I decide to work again.    Sitting here soaked....even with the shop fan on HIGH....wasn't enough. 

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
4 hours in the shop, today....and 24 photos....had 34, process a few out..

Top has been flattened by planes and the beltsander......No. 8, the No.7c..and this little fellow cleaned the few trouble spots..

Stanley No. 3c   ( 3 patent date)  to flatten out where the big guys just skipped over..also got one end trimmed 

The other end will have to wait a while....not much room right now for me..
No

Next was parts for one door...stiles for both were trimmed for length, and to get rid of a taper..
Rolleyes 

Two of these  need one of these..

Stay tuned to find out how....
Winkgrin
Made up a little jig, to hold each stile in place, long enough for this old plane to make a groove..
Cool  

Once the stiles were done, they were clamped into the place where they will go when the door is done..

Then I could find out what size to make these three parts..lengthwise 

After I had jointed the edges to match each other...then a saw to cut for length..

Then redo the jig for cutting the groove....tried the old plough plane for one groove...didn't go well...Plane is too long for these parts, was hard to keep in the track..put together the Stanley 45 for the next groove..

Seemed to work a little better...IF the grain was correct...and no big knot in the way.

More to come, stay tuned..
Grooves were getting done...but need tenons made, as well...reset the mitersaw's depth stops..

And make a few shoulder cuts.   Used a jig to do the cheek cuts on the bandsaw...to hold the part vertical..
Cool  

C clamp and a Handyman square.  Was able to keep the part upright to make the cuts....once each end was done, I stashed the wide rails in their new homes, for now ( no mortises yet)

Which left 2 skinny rails to do...had issues with the jig, one part even hopped up, and took off on me?   Wound up sweeping the floor looking for the...part.   Finally said something about the firepit, and out it came...like magic!
Rolleyes    Finally, used a pair of screws, to where just their heads were pushing on the parts...and a lot of candle wax...got one done and stashed, and worked on the second one....the Stanley 45 hopped out of the groove, and ran full force into my hand..
Angry 

OUCH!....holding on to the bandsaw's table, to steady things....went to stash the last rail in place..

And these others just dropped out, to the floor.....piled the mess onto the bench..had one more chore to do..

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Ok, used one of the parts, to mark how long to make a few panels.....that will sit in all those grooves....had a few scraps I could cut up...to get these..

Used the no. 3c to plane a few edges straight for width....A No. 4 will be along tomorrow, maybe, to make these into 4 raised panels.....have to keep an eye on the grain..

Still need to chop a few mortises....get this door done, and start on the other....

That be the plan....was one of those days, today...

Time for lots of Gatorade...stay tuned
After that 4 hour shop time, yesterday....was a bit hard to motivate towards the shop....about all I got done was trim a couple tenons...

Top and bottom rails use a haunched tenon.  A few chisels to do the chopping..
Rolleyes  

Set up the mortise jig 

Got the wide rails done...so I can center the skinny ones between them...
Cool 

Got the two skinny rails done....one stile is done 

Set stile #2 on these mess....and about here motivation left the building
No   Was too tired, too sore....

Mondays the shop is closed..maybe the "day off" will help?  
Stay tuned....
I hate working with Ash....broke a chisel, today.....but, 5 more mortises are done..

Enough to get this frame ready for some panels...

Do this to all four of the front's edge....flip over, change planes..
Winkgrin    

Run a rebate around all four edges of the back..
Cool  

Test fit one raised panel....repeat on the next blank..

Two down, two to go..tomorrow.   4:00 quitting time..
Rolleyes .sweep the ankle deep shavings up, grab the camera..and head upstairs

Will see IF I can get the other two panels done...and maybe a glue up?  Tomorrow..I am tired out.
No

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Impressive progress, chugging right along.  Whats the story on the broken chisel, and why weren't there pics of that??
Barry
Semper Fi,

Barry
Broken chisel:   I had a shop-made lock mortise chisel, that  I use for cleaning out the bottoms of mortises....lost about all of the curved part...about 1/8" or so....Ash did not want to budge....then..SNAP!
Upset
Upset
Upset

What looks like a shadow in there...is mostly the broken off tip.