A Project for the Boss
Really cool!! Its awesome to be able to get an idea from a furniture store and the OK from the Mrs to make a custom version. Really nice!
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Computer issues this morning..
Upset
Upset
Upset  restarts took a while...decided to kill the time with a little shop time...

Panel #1 was taken out of the clamps..

And then set a little lower, so i could joint the edges....using a couple planes...
Cool 

Until both edges were straight..
Cool 

Used the jack plane to get the worst of the high spots down close to the "low" spots...

Then, the No. 7c took over, until everything was shiny..and square.  one edge will get a face frame, the other a rebate for the plywood back...helps to have a straight edge to work with..
Was wading around in shavings...decided to go ahead and get Panel #2 into the clamps...so Panel #1 was set aside....NOT on the floor, but on some scrap pine, in case we get another creek in the shop
Upset   the end should stay dry. 
part 2 coming right up...
Winkgrin
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, part two  of this morning's follies...Set a 1 x 6 into the vise, and clamped the other end to the bench's apron...

Different jack this time around...taller high spots at the ends.   Got this  almost straight...checked for gaps and any rocking..

Hmm, needs more work
Rolleyes   until it fit tightly all the way along...then mrked these two as to where they will go together at  with a "V" across the joint.

repeat that for the other 1 x 6....until a no gap fit was obtained...marked that.   Then spread a bead of glue along the freshly planed edge, moosh the filler strip around into the bead.  Add a bead to the filler strip, and add the first 1 x 6..

All that is holding these three in place, is two beads of glue...But, I added the clamps, anyway..

Started with the center clamp, then the end clamps, then add the cauls...

To pull the ends flat.   You can see panel #1 in the back ground. 

Will let this mess sit for a while, need to do a bit of drawing....have webframes to figure out....and where to cut the center dividers.  

Stay tuned... (  Boris:  I have Plan, they don't always work out, but I always have Plan)
Looking great so far.  So I am thinking you said the ash will be showing and the pine is inside and the back correct?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yep...and I am trying to talk her out of PAINTING the darn thing....
Upset
Looking good! You do your glue ups vertically. Does that get to be a problem with the squeeze-out running down?
No...as I usually wipe the worst  off.   The vises act as a third hand.   Really don't have the room to lay a large glue-up down.   besides, with the vise holding one part of the glue-up, that part can't shift around while trying to add the rest of the parts, AND the clamps.   And, I don't have to clean glue off my clamps afterwards. 

Usually, I have to plane the glue joints flat.    The Stanley #70 scraper plane will remove any squeeze outs, then a "normal" plane can flatten the joints.
Got panel two out of the clamps..
Winkgrin 

One edge was jointed, then decided to clamp both panels together...and plane the last  edge until it matched

Use this jack plane to get things close, then the 62 and then the #7c....tried to square the ends for the tops of the panels

No longer can trust this square.
Upset ...had to go back and recut the ends..
Upset ..then lay out and cut a foot profile...on the other ends..

Well, it IS a vintage saw..
Rolleyes  got both ends of both panels done...and stacked out of the way..
Cool 

Now I just have to build all the stuff to connect these two panels....and see about a top.  Going to be a while on this build

Norm would have taken one show...
Laugh
I built this for my better half.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r067k2vz8z4qx...T.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ealeuhior84wwh...2.jpg?dl=0

Attached Files Image(s)

George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Did some drawing...both last night, and this morning..We have Plan!  ( need a cut list, next..
Rolleyes )
Last night's sketch was to show a few locations...
Cool 

Where the frames will go, where the dividers will be....minus any face frames.   There is a center foot planned as well, no saggy middle.
This morning sat down to draw up a plan for the webframes...
Rolleyes 

The pen and it's stand will go back to the computer desk.  Came up with a plan for the frames..
Cool  

Need two of these.  The second one will have an extra rail, to attach the center foot to.  Need to haul the paperwork and some of these..

to the shop..we have a lot of cutting to do, and maybe a lot of cussing.  

Stereo Stand looks good!   The Boss wants the fireplace insert for her's, and to sit the TV on.  

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin