A Project for the Boss
Hauled a couple boxes to the shop, one had the Stanley 45 in it, the other?

Had a plane I needed.  Once I figured out where the 1/4" deep rebate was going to go, I set the panel into the leg vise, and clamp the other end to the bench..
Cool 

Made a lot of shavings.  When they are the full legth of the board..
Cool  

They tend to pile up fast..
Rolleyes 

Once was enough for today, even with a fan blowing on me, I was soaked.   Got out a few c clamps, and did a dry fit, with the case on all four feet.
Cool 

Let this sit a day, while I rest up
Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Computer issues this morning.....everything  in the house was having "issues".....TV, Phones ( landline and cell) Computer...if it had a cord, it was having Brainpharts.
Upset

So, waiting  on things to be fixed...hauled the rest of the Ash to the shop..
Winkgrin  

Was trying to cut and mill parts for the face frame...two planks had issues ( seems to be the theme for today?)  
Rolleyes 

A second plank was also being knotty..

And, before I could set up to cut a few parts, had to clear the bench..again
Rolleyes  

Cut s were with the speedsquare jig...
Cool 

Old Skil saw. to make the cuts.   Squared one end, turn the board around, mark for length...cut again...got rid of one of them big knots

Stay tuned....more to come from this morning's mis-adventures
Winkgrin
Ok, a blank for the bottom is cut to length...got out some layout toys...
Rolleyes  

Took a couple tries, to find a SHARP blade for that green B&D Sabresaw....and a lot of clamp, saw, reclamp, saw...move around to cut the other end..repeat the clamp and saw routine
Rolleyes  

Set it out of the way...might as well se what it will look like...
Confused 

Rip a few other boards for width, crosscut for length, joint a few edges..

Ohio Tool Co.  No. 0-7, this time around....I like to "rotate" some of the planes...most of the parts are cut to sizes needed..
Winkgrin  

Dragged my tired  "foundation" back upstairs....restarted the computer, process the photos.  Sitting in front of a fan...I am soaked, even with the shop fan blowing on me.  

Have to go out, and get a few boards milled, and a few new Ash planks picked up.    Fellow with the lumber, uses my old "lunchbox planer" in his shop...have some oak that needs planed down a lot thinner.....panels for the doors.   There MAY be a surprise or two, as this project develops.....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Looking forward to seeing more.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-12-2018, 01:36 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Looking forward to seeing more.
Yes
Yes

May, or may not post any more....depends.
Beginning to wonder..why I should waste my time on this site....spend all this time, work and effort to do this build blogs  for this site.....have three other sites to do this sort of stuff at.....any reason I should even bother with this site?   Place feels like a woodworking version of the infamous  Toyota-thons.....

Have a lot of re-thinking to do...maybe others will try to do a thread of their own,,,instead of attacking other people...,and, who haven't the slightest clue as to what I do....yet talk down like they knew it all.

Arlin: you know where to find me...
(09-12-2018, 08:16 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Beginning to wonder..why I should waste my time on this site....spend all this time, work and effort to do this build blogs  for this site.....have three other sites to do this sort of stuff at.....any reason I should even bother with this site?   Place feels like a woodworking version of the infamous  Toyota-thons.....

Have a lot of re-thinking to do...maybe others will try to do a thread of their own,,,instead of attacking other people...,and, who haven't the slightest clue as to what I do....yet talk down like they knew it all.

Been down this road... a coupla times.... I always come back for some reason.  It seems like these new tools vs. old tools issues - and other issues - always come up this time of year, and last thru the fall and holidays. Don't know why.

Do what you gotta do... but there are a large number of us who read everything you post; we just don't say much about it.  By assuming we aren't reading what you're saying, you kinda put us off our normal attitude...  You're doing all this and writing this to one person and ignoring us who read your stuff.... including Arlin.
Skip

(09-12-2018, 08:16 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Beginning to wonder..why I should waste my time on this site....spend all this time, work and effort to do this build blogs  for this site.....have three other sites to do this sort of stuff at.....any reason I should even bother with this site?   Place feels like a woodworking version of the infamous  Toyota-thons.....

For me, I REALLY enjoy and appreciate your build-along posts.  It would be a loss to this site if you stop

-Brian
Have work to do, right now.....haven't the time to argue with an A-hole and his fan-boys......I did NOT attack anyone.....just I work with tools and techniques from a time BEFORE his sponsor was even born.    Most of the "cheap, rusty" tools I picked up have something his sponsor's tools don't.....a soul, a history of use.   

Will see how today goes along....have a few more sticks of Ash to work on....NOT the "cheap pine" some seem to think I only use.   have a few changes to do to the "Plan" I am working with....to better fit what the Boss wants.    Case is 6" taller than the OddLots piece....have to move a few things around.  Those "fake" drawers may get combined into a real drawer, and moved a bit.   Will being doing fixed shelves...hate pins....holes for them wear out, pins fall put and get lost....PITA to do.    Couple cleats to hold the shelf in place......have to work on the spacings...

Still waiting on dimensions for the heater insert....May go ahead and build the space for one....when one does arrived, I can add a wood collar around it, and install it....there will not be a back to that space.  Needs the air flow, I guess. 

Stay tuned, if you want to....
Bandit, you are an inspiration. However, don't hurt yourself proving your generosity. 

I always follow your builds and am impressed by your methods, means, and mostly, creativity. You carry some burdens, and like you said multiple issues are wearing you down. I only need one complication to spoil my day, or month; right now--pneumonia. 

So, sort the crap buildup, Pick a piece and take care of it. The rest gets easier. Who knows, I'll bet ET's messing with your electricity.

Take care friend.