Frozen freezer drain
We had the problem of the defrost drain line freezing with an upright refrigerator and freezer.

The use of a copper wire wrapped around the defrost heating coil and extended into the drain line solved the problem with the refrigerator freezer.

I did not try this solution for the freezer because the defrost heating coil is glass and I was concerned I might break the glass when wrapping the copper wire around it.

Question is would a strip of adhesive backed copper provide enough thermal conductivity to work. Or maybe foil tape like what I used on my dust collection system ?

Thanks
the whirlpool kit is just a piece of flat copper that hooks onto the coil.  I think you can buy it from the online appliance part companies.  I decided not to do that, but I considered it after the drain line froze up again.  I used 14 ga wire, probably not enough copper.
Mine was frozen because it was plugged down the drain tube, outside the freezer. Something like this would not have helped. I pulled a wad of schmudge out of the tube.