Eucalyptus Wood Finish?
I’m finishing an exterior bench made out of eucalyptus wood. The bench will receive lots of sunshine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
(09-10-2018, 04:26 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: I’m finishing an exterior bench made out of eucalyptus wood. The bench will receive lots of sunshine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Any finish you use will require regular maintenance.  White paint will last the longest, a few years.  Epoxy with marine varnish over the top is quite durable, too, but the maintenance will be more frequent, likely every year or two.  Penetrating oils require yearly or even twice a year maintenance, but the least work to do.  

After having to twice rehab a bench I finished with marine varnish I finally wised up and bought a cloth cover for it.  Two years later I haven't had to do any additional maintenance.  I take the cover off when I want to use the bench; otherwise, the cover stays on.  

John