Bandsaw got me
You going to put in a butterfly inlay?

Yikes!

VH07V  
I heard a noise in the bottom of the machine. Turned it off to eliminate any motor issues, as it was winding down I brushed some dust out of the way and put it in a spot I shouldn't have dumbchit 2 stitches and have to keep it covered and wear latex gloves at work, I'm a mechanic.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

You're supposed to clip your nails in the other direction.

When my son was in shop class he nipped his finger on the bandsaw.  Not nearly that bad, but he needed a stitch.  I picked him up from school and took him to the doctor for stitches.  Walking out to the truck he was really somber and said, "Dad, how much blood do you have to lose before you die from loss of blood?"  A lot more than that, I told him.

Heal up!
I could trim your nails with a tomahawk if you like. Do a better job than that.
Oh, and OUCH! I've learned to let things come to a complete halt before approaching.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(09-10-2018, 06:43 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: A really stupid move

[Image: qEevm8tBazeorMvocXxBk8TAJMNXt3Yg3tSGqtE4...14-h960-no]

Squirt some CA on it and wrap it in duct tape.
I've done something similar, but not quite as severe as yours. It'll hurt like the dickens for several weeks. Just glad it wasn't worse. At least you didn't lose part of your finger. Interestingly enough, I was just watching Scott Phillips using a bandsaw, and he cautioned against moving your hand off the workpiece until the blade was completely stopped and mentioned that's how most bandsaw accidents happen. That is, not when it's running full speed, but after you've turned it off and it's slowing down.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
All the nerves are grouped at the end of the finger. I found that out when I ripped a fingernail off with meat attached. It's going to hurt.
(09-11-2018, 06:57 PM)EightFingers Wrote: You going to put in a butterfly inlay?

Yikes!  

I could not help buy laugh at that one.
Yes
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.