My Tool Rack
Thank you for the kind words.  

The top middle shelf currently holds a couple more tool rolls with brace bits, similar to the one below the braces.  It's also got some oil and oily rags for wiping tools.

The walls are just some cedar fenceboards with the tops cut off and some lap joints.  I like how they look, too, but they're not very fancy.  Good for a garage workshop.  (And I'm not worried about messing them up because I think that'll just add character.)

If you're curious it's yellow milk paint covered with red milk paint.  Then rubbed and just some black briwax on top. 

The planes are held in place with gravity.  We don't get tremors here, and the bench isn't far below.  And the floor is wood endgrain. I thought about putting leather toe straps, and I might still do that. 

Right now, the bench is a WorkMutt™, but I'm working up to building a Moravian workbench. 

You might be right about the sharp edges.  It hasn't been a problem, though.  I think with hindsight I should have angled the handles forward a bit to help with safety and ease of extracting them.
(09-13-2018, 02:11 PM)Byrom Wrote: I think with hindsight I should have angled the handles forward a bit to help with safety and ease of extracting them.

Hindsight is, of course, another word for experience; and it's well known that good judgment comes from experience.  Since you made this from inexpensive materials, you won't have to feel bad about modifying it or even, down the line, replacing it with one that incorporates what you've learned from this one...so that you can then learn new things from the new one...the cycle's never complete, but, with the right attitude, can be fun along the way.