Band Saw Bearing Freeze
Reading this thread, I got the idea to check the bearings on my saw. You guessed it, two of them were seized. Thanks to the handy links posted here, I have 20 replacements on order from Amazon.

Big thank you to Broken Old Marine for starting the thread!
VH07V  
(09-14-2018, 05:58 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Reading this thread, I got the idea to check the bearings on my saw. You guessed it, two of them were seized. Thanks to the handy links posted here, I have 20 replacements on order from Amazon.

Big thank you to Broken Old Marine for starting the thread!

I often find that the PM I learned in the Corps, pays off in daily life. 
Big Grin
I try and detail the equipment before a big project, checking all the settings, and functions.
I have found loose bolts, bad adjustments, etc.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
The new bearings came in and were quickly swapped out.  Saw purrs, and I have twelve new bearings in the parts drawer.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Cool 

I've found over the years, when I need replacement parts, never call the manf first, as they will be the highest of all. For some reason, they like to make 500-600 % markup on their replacement parts.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020