I can't remember the tool seller....
Several years ago, I purchased a nice, no-name square (like the Starrett double square) from a tool supplier out east. I wanted to say they were in New York or maybe New Jersey??? They sold seconds and other such things. I cannot remember the name of the company. I know that is not much to go on, but maybe someone will remember.

Thank you!

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
(09-14-2018, 01:20 PM)titanxt Wrote: Several years ago, I purchased a nice, no-name square (like the Starrett double square) from a tool supplier out east. I wanted to say they were in New York or maybe New Jersey??? They sold seconds and other such things. I cannot remember the name of the company. I know that is not much to go on, but maybe someone will remember.

Thank you!

Andy

Although in KC, Harry Epstein sells a lot of PEC blems.... https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/6...r-usa.html
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Garrett Wade?  Maybe?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Harry Epstein for the win!!! That was it. Thank you very much! Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
I see they don't have the 4" model currently. I assume their stock comes and goes, correct?
PEC is good stuff, not no-name by a long shot.
(09-14-2018, 02:05 PM)titanxt Wrote: I see they don't have the 4" model currently. I assume their stock comes and goes, correct?

Yeah, pretty much; right now they have the one I linked, which is the 16r that is not really optimal for woodworking.  They are blems, so you have to watch; it may take a while....  

And yes, PEC are very good squares, a bit clunky but they are square and stay square.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-14-2018, 01:29 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Garrett Wade?  Maybe?

If you get pec squares get extra pins they break easliy.
(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)wing nut Wrote: If you get pec squares get extra pins they break easliy.

Are you talking about the lock bolt?

Or the scriber pin?
(09-14-2018, 02:03 PM)titanxt Wrote: Harry Epstein for the win!!! That was it. Thank you very much! Andy

KC is a long way from NY or NJ.
Rolleyes