Work Sharp Making Noise
I have a Work Sharp and was sharpening some plane blades and I noticed that it began to make some noise. It squeaks a bit intermittently as it rotates and I am wondering if it is a bearing issues - I assume it has a bearing... If you own one, does yours squeak at all? Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thank you!

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
(09-15-2018, 10:59 PM)titanxt Wrote: I have a Work Sharp and was sharpening some plane blades and I noticed that it began to make some noise. It squeaks a bit intermittently as it rotates and I am wondering if it is a bearing issues - I assume it has a bearing... If you own one, does yours squeak at all? Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thank you!

Andy

Had mine since it first came out. I use it regularly, and no squeaks. 
Be sure to remove the glass plate, and check all the nooks and crannies for dust/debris. The metal dust residue can get into everywhere.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I took it apart and cleaned it well and that has stopped the squeaking noise. I read in another forum that you can pushed the motor mounting nuts farther apart to reduce noise as well, but I cannot see how that is accomplished. The four nuts attach to bolts coming from the four corners of the motor. They do not have any adjustment to them. The seem to be rigidly attached. Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Which model of Work Sharp are you using?  I picked up a 2000 earlier this year and so far have not encountered any issues with it.
WS3000. It does best with chisels in my very limited opinion. I might start micro-beveling my plane blades to save time and wear and tear on the abrasive disks.

Andy