Secret Santa 2018
Season Greetings all!

You all have been waiting, anxiously twiddling your thumbs in anticipation of the announcement of the vaulted "Secret Santa 2018". Well, the time is nigh, so grab your magnifying glass, pop on your Sherlock Holmes hat and start honing your investigative skills to find "the" gift.

Here's how it works:

To participate, click this link: Santa's Elves to send a PM to indicating that you wish to participate.  The PM is already filled out, all you have to do after it opens is to click the "Send Message" button to send it. Posting to this thread does not count, only a PM. Once your PM is received, for which you will get a receipt, a link to the form to fill out will be sent via a return PM. This is to protect the form's link from web crawlers and possibly getting spambots filling in the entries.

The form has changed a bit since last year and now has three (short) pages with a bit different information required than in the past. Please fill it out completely.  Be forewarned that once the form is filled out all future communication between you and Santa's Elves will be via e-mail.  So missing/invalid e-mail information is a complete non-starter.

Entries will be accepted from today, September 16th through Wednesday, October 31st. Details of your recipient will be sent by November 5th. After the closing date of October 31st, entries will still be accepted for the late arrivals until November 15th. Be forewarned however, no guarantee is made that we will be able to match you up with someone, in which case you'll have to wait until next year.

Here are the rules:
  • If you sign up, please follow through on your commitment.

• If you are going to be late with your gift, let me know and we can notify your recipient.

• If you need to back out completely, let me know as soon as possible so we can find another Santa for your recipient.

• If possible, please use a tracking number when mailing. It might come in handy if someone doesn't receive their gift.

• If you have posted less than 10 messages on Woodnet, send me a PM in addition to filling out the form you are sent.

Gift guidelines and advice:
  • Please send a real gift, not a gift card or certificate.

• Read their old posts to get an idea of what they like to do and what they might need or want.

• See if they participate on other forums.

• Take a look at wish lists on various tool websites.

• If you have a member who does not post a lot and are having a tough time with ideas or you find that your person has everything, maybe go outside the box. There are universal gifts that every woodworker can use.

• If you are one of those folks who doesn't post a lot or you have the entire Lee Valley catalog in your shop, try leaving some bread crumbs to help your Santa out in this thread, or put something in the "Additional Information" section to help out your Secret Santa.

Most of all, have fun! Any issues, let me know.

And thanks to Arlin for volunteering to be the silent Elf.

Happy gifting!
Santa's Elves
In!

Thanks again for doing this.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Arlin who?
Smirk  The not so secret elf  
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-16-2018, 05:25 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Arlin who?
Smirk  The not so secret elf  
Laugh

I bet you're gonna make a great elf!!!!!
Skip

Weekly report:

5 lucky Woodnetters have asked to join the celebration! 4 Have successfully filled out the form. Yay to them.

Don't hesitate! Click Santa's Elves now to join in the fun and excitement.
Santa's Elves
Weekly report:

8 lucky Woodnetters have asked to join the celebration and all 8 have successfully filled out the form. Yay!

Remember registration closes on All Hallows Eve!

So get your application in soon!
Santa's Elves
Weekly report:

10 lucky Woodnetters have asked to join the celebration and 9 have successfully filled out the form. Yay! A message has been sent to the missing respondent. Check your PM's if you haven't filled in the form.

There is a little over one more week before registration closes on All Hallows Eve!

So get your application in NOW!
Santa's Elves
Exclamation 
Final weekly report:

13 lucky Woodnetters are signed up for this year fun and frivolity!

There are three days before registration closes on All Hallows Eve!

So get your application in NOW!
Santa's Elves
Exclamation 
Two days left.

We've currently have an odd number of participants signed up. Would really like to have an even number so all get properly paired up.

Click Santa's Elves now to join in the fun and excitement.
Santa's Elves
You don't have to have an even number...
Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.