Ellipse
Hello once again everyone here's my latest piece "Ellipse" Ellipse is a piece that is made from 6 turnings cut apart and reattached, the carved portion is Mahogany the main body base and ring are Teak. The piece is 10" x 10" the coloring was done w/ a combination of wood dye and Deco Art Metallics Acrylic paint and then finished w/ lacquer. The carved portion is a shell that fits around the main body, and the center section can be moved how ever you chose and the carved shell is removable as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, it’s beautiful, how long did the carving take?
VH07V  
(09-19-2018, 03:51 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Wow, it’s beautiful, how long did the carving take?

Thanks ....a few weeks working on and off.
(09-19-2018, 03:51 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Wow, it’s beautiful, how long did the carving take?

^^^^ What he said.
Yes   That carving is what I would like to learn and you have it down pat.  Do you use a power carver or by hand?

Do you have a shot of the back side?  Also how thick is it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-20-2018, 12:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: ^^^^ What he said.
Yes   That carving is what I would like to learn and you have it down pat.  Do you use a power carver or by hand?

Do you have a shot of the back side?  Also how thick is it?

Thank you Arlin... I do most of the work by hand I used a small Dremal in a few spots.
Eightfingers nailed. That's beautiful...

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Very interesting piece
Thank you Dave & Dusty
I like it.  Some are very creative in their woodworking.. doing things off the cuff. 
Yes
(or maybe I should say, thinking outside the box.)
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(09-21-2018, 08:03 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I like it.  Some are very creative in their woodworking.. doing things off the cuff. 
Yes
(or maybe I should say, thinking outside the box.)

Thank you very much Jim that's what I'm shooting for things on  the different side. 
Big Grin